And they’ve kept it a secret since last summer!
Figure skater Evan Lysacek, 24, and gymnast Nastia Liukin are beating the Vancouver chill with a hot romance! The Olympians are finally going public with their relationship, which began when they met Oct. 2008 in Rapid City, S.D., while performing in NBC’s Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular. “We became good friends and have become really close since then,” Evan tells People. Since then, the gold medal couple has taken their relationship all over the country!
Evan and Nastia rekindled their romance in July 2009 when they attended the ESPY Awards, where they both looked like total movie stars on the red carpet. Evan traveled to Dallas this past August to watch Nastia compete at the U.S. Nationals, which he says was a “cool but nerve-racking” experience. And now she’s supporting him while he goes for his gold medal dreams at the 2010 winter games.
“She been so helpful to me,” Evan says. “She has been through it herself. If I’m having a bad day, she tells me to have faith and to keep going. Sometimes your support system has more faith in you than yourself. And when she tells me things are going to be fine, I really believe it.”
So it looks like the key to Evan and Nastia’s relationship is simple: they support each other! They could definitely teach some Hollywood couples a thing or two about that.
Get more of our Olympics coverage:
- Ex-Bad Boy Bode Miller Wins His First Ever Gold Medal!
- US Speedskater Apolo Ohno Wins 7th Medal & Sets US Winter Olympics Record!
- Olympic Figure Skater Johnny Weir Wants A Career In Fashion!
- Olympic Gold! Men’s Figure Skater Evan Lysacek Wins For Team USA For The First Time Since 1988!
- Golden Glow! Shaun White and Shani Davis Took Home 2 Olympic Gold Medals for Team USA!