We Asked & YOU Responded: 67 Percent Say Elin Should NOT Forgive Tiger!

Sun, February 21, 2010 11:43am EDT by 6 Comments
AP

AP

Most of you say don’t think Elin Nordegren should continue to stand by her cheating husband.

Tiger Woods delivered his first public statement regarding his current sex scandal Feb. 19, but were his words enough to make wife Elin Nordegren forgive and forget? Sixty-seven percent of you say NO WAY! We received tons of comments from you as well, and we’ve compiled some of them here. See what your fellow readers have to say about Tiger’s apology, and let us know if you agree!

1. superman88h: Imagine if your husband or wife did that! Unforgivable, no matter how famous or rich he is.
  2. Brenda: Once a cheater always a cheater and they don’t change ever. My ex had so many affairs that I even never knew about. Is all I could say is his wife is a Beautiful women with 2 little children. She could do so much better with out a dishonest husband. Don’t wait as long as I did.
  3. Shelly: TIGERS ARE NOT NOTED FOR CHANGING THEIR STRIPES.
  4. patricio: If you have to read a scripted apology, then it’s not from the heart.
  5. Bill: if you care so little about your wife that you feel the need to CHEAT … it’s over already! so end it before you hurt her more.

Do YOU agree with these comments? Let us know how you feel by dropping a comment below!

Read More About Tiger Woods:

1. Tiger & Elin Played Tennis Together & Boarded A Plane Yesterday! Where Do YOU Think They Could Have Gone?
  2. ‘Tiger’s Body Language Was Robotic and Contrived!’ An Expert Tells HollywoodLife.com
  3. INSTANT POLL! Would You Forgive Tiger if You Were Elin?
  4. Bonnie Says: Tiger Why Did You Blame The Press?

LL Cool J

Posted at 4:30 PM on March 2, 2010

With this said, I am not implying that every situation is the same as mine. There are valid and viable reasons for leaving a relationship because of cheating. We must use our best judgment in what is best for us under the circumstances of our relationships. Still, forgiveness is important for our own sanity and perspective. How can we ever expect understanding and forgiveness if we withhold our own from others? There is a saying that Time has a way of healing all wounds. Sometimes we just need to take a deep breath, let it out slowly, and allow time, accompanied by our efforts, to heal our hearts.

LL Cool J

Posted at 4:24 PM on March 2, 2010

This whole episode is a classic viewpoint of human emotion, false opinions, selfish perspectives, and bitterness. I come from the experience of having been cheated on by my wife. This occurred during a moment of weakness for her and took place a considerable amount of time before we had children. I admit it was a hurtful and difficult event to experience. With that said, forgiveness is beneficial to the person hurt, not just to the person who did the hurting. And because I was able to forgive my wife, she has been able to walk around with her head held high. It is never brought up in conversations or disagreements. It is not a tool I use at my discretion to get an advantage or impose a guilt trip. It has been left behind as a learning experience. And to this day, many years later, I have been privileged with the faithful companionship of my wonderful wife. This conversation was on a local radio station last week and the opinions that were shared then seem to be the same being shared now. It is amazing how many of you walk around with such bitterness and selfishness in your hearts. Many stay in a cheating relationship because they get something out of it or enjoy their lifestyle more than they enjoy their marriages. For most, bitterness courses through your lives. Too angry to forgive you walk around as a meandering, complaining, unhappy wretch – never willing to let go of the pain so you can move on and make your life better, happier. Rather making excuses and lying to yourself that you are happy and better off now with your new found miserable attitude on life and the opposite sex, that once a cheater always a cheater. With such a stereo-typical opinion you will never see much if any improvements in anyone’s lives because no one is ever worthy of your forgiveness – no one can ever change or become better. I bet you never make any big mistakes either. I got no tangible rewards from forgiving my wife. I lead no lavish lifestyle. What I did get was the renewed marriage of a lifetime, The strengthened friendship and companionship of my best friend, and A peace and happiness that could come from no other way except forgiveness. I have never cheated on anyone. Nor does my wife’s previous actions instill within me a desire to pay her back with a similar action. We are all human, so it is interesting that so many who are so unfaithful claim that they are because someone else was unfaithful to them. To you I say good luck. Because that is all you have going for you – LUCK. Your lives will continue to be bitter and unhappy until you come to grips with forgiveness and find the strength to just let it go. To each of you lies the fate of the happiness of your lives and the peace of this world.

Charisse Smith

Posted at 2:39 PM on March 2, 2010

I think she is so stupid to take him back for what he did. it is so obviuos that she is with him for the money.

CLB

Posted at 5:25 PM on February 21, 2010

Tiger has apologized to everyone and accepted that what he did was very wrong. Tiger confirmed he needs help and that he is receiving rehab to address his issues. Tiger said he wants to regain balance in his life to save the two things that are most important to him, his wife and his children. Tiger said that Elin deserves praise and I agree wholeheartedly. I wish them all the best. It is time that Tiger and his family move on with their life and for the media to get off their back!!!

Joe Blow

Posted at 12:25 PM on February 21, 2010

Who know who she’s be seeing on the side? The target is squarely on Tiger. Has anyone interviewed the pool-boy? There are as many unfaithful women as there are unfaithful men. I hope TIGER does not become the feminist “male model” view of every man. Tiger is not every man. My ex wife cheated with many and bragged it to me just before we divorced. Guess that makes me the dupe for being faithful. I didn’t resort to violence like Erin, just got out of the marriage as she should do; and take a huge chunk of that Tiger-fortune with her… NOW.

mimi

Posted at 1:18 PM on February 21, 2010

okay if Elin had seen somebody on the side it would have been out in the press long time ago, and if you listened to tiger …..he very firmly said THAT THERE WAS NO VIOLENCE TOWARDS HIM THAT NIGHT, GIVE Elin a break now, she is not the type there would do that…….mimi