Are You A 'One Tree Hill' Fan? Sign This Petition For An Eighth Season!

Sun, February 21, 2010 9:30am EDT by 47 Comments
Courtesy of the CW

Courtesy of the CW

One Tree Hill fans are more determined than ever to keep their favorite show on the air for one more year!

We here at HollywoodLife.com are pretty big fans of One Tree Hill and it looks like all of YOU are, too! Over the past week, you’ve been commenting on our site and even tweeting to Bonnie Fuller‘s Twitter about how badly you want to see your favorite show continue on The CW for at least one more season. We hear your cries, and though we sadly don’t have too much say over what gets picked up, we can direct your attention to a special petition addressed to the network. Some dedicated fans have rallied together to create this petition, which has already gathered 8,996 votes (as of Feb. 21), just 1,004 votes short of their goal. So if you’re a fan, make your voice heard! Tell The CW you’re not ready to say goodbye to One Tree Hill!

We’ve already expressed OUR love for the show (click here for our special rant), so now it’s time for The CW to hear how YOU feel about it!

Click here to sign the petition!

kalkidan ayalew

Posted at 7:39 AM on June 7, 2012

i jst really luv z show n belive it or not i sometimes forget to breath when am watching z show n now it has ended..it really broke my heart bt z season finale was amazing n i wudn wane imagin it any other way!!!!!! am really glad everythin work out for brook n julian…zey r z perfect couple!!!!!!!!

Jessica Archer

Posted at 7:20 PM on March 15, 2010

One Tree Hill has to be picked up for an 8th season, it’s the only good show on CW!

Jenna

Posted at 9:04 PM on February 27, 2010

Please do not cancel One Tree Hill! This show has had way too many fans who have stuck with the show through all 7 seasons. If there was an 8th season at least fans would be ready for the end and they would have time to realize that it is almost over. I cannot imagine not being able to watch the another season! It has been my favorite since the begining! !

Hailey

Posted at 4:57 AM on February 25, 2010

To Whom This May Concern,

I saw today where Dawn mentioned that Life Unexpected is likely to get a second season. However, when looking at the poll that asked fans to choose between OTH and LUX, you will see that with over 1000 votes compared to LUX’s 200 that fans CLEARLY want another season of OTH over LUX if it comes down to the two. BUT take a minute and read the comments. Many people said they watched BOTH shows, but choose OTH over LUX. These results mirror the petitions that were started last week. As of now, the One Tree Hill petition is drawing over 13,000 signatures, where LUX’s is drawing in around 400. That being said I do think LUX is a good show. However I can speak for many OTH fans in saying that partly the only reason I watch LUX is it’s on right after OTH. They attract similar audiences. So in my opinion it would be a poor decision to renew one and not the other. By canceling one of them you can almost guarantee drops in ratings for both. LUX is still a new show, renew is for a second season and OTH for an 8th (and final) season. Keep them on the same night and have a somewhat consistent schedule. This whole mid season starting and 8 week hiatus is ridiculous and poor planning.

Moving on, I have read that LUX draws in a totally new audience on Wednesday nights. I mean really, if you showed ANY show two nights a week of course it would draw in (new/repeat) viewers both nights. For example I like Biggest Loser and American Idol but I can’t watch both at the same time. So please when making your decision know that the fans are screaming to keep One Tree Hill. In my opinion the CW needs more shows like One Tree Hill and Life Unexpected and less shows like Gossip Girl, 90210, MP, and ANTM. With a target audience being young adults who are at a very vulnerable stage, how is watching shows like that good for them? All they see is a false sense of reality; “beauty and money.” The CW needs to go back to the WB days where the network flourished off of Gilmore Girls, 7th Heaven, One Tree Hill, and Dawson’s Creek. Without doing this I feel this network’s years are numbered.

My last point comes from a marketing standpoint. The amount of attention Gossip Girl gets in comparison to all of the other CW shows is ridiculous. With the way you all promote this show, its ratings should be through the roof. However, looking back at the ratings you will see that they have been LOWER than One Tree Hill’s ALL season. I also, find it funny that One Tree Hill coincidentally was placed against the Olympics and Gossip Girl was conveniently placed after.

In conclusion, I thank you for taking the time to read this and hope to see One Tree Hill back for an 8th season next fall.

mama

Posted at 11:31 AM on February 24, 2010

I LOVE OTH (l)

laura

Posted at 9:50 AM on February 24, 2010

I love OTH

BallaGirl

Posted at 4:56 AM on February 24, 2010

Everyone is sayin that they want it to return, so do I but if it returning means budget cuts, and more characters leaving, then i would rather it finish on 7 seasons rather than plowing on for the sake of it.

Billy Davis

Posted at 12:45 AM on February 24, 2010

Please keep “One Tree Hill” on the air for a season 8….I love the show and have watched it from the beginning every week…and rewatch it with the dvd sets. Love JAMES LAFFERTY and BETHANY JOY GALEOTTI, who play Nathan and Haley. Please! Please! Please! Make a season 8 happen!

Alicia Craig

Posted at 11:34 PM on February 23, 2010

I love the show. I look forward to it every week!!!

John Thomas loves OTH

Posted at 7:57 PM on February 23, 2010

AMAZING SHOW!!! <3 it!

kim

Posted at 1:10 PM on February 23, 2010

love one tree hill

joy

Posted at 1:10 PM on February 23, 2010

love the show

Sean

Posted at 1:09 PM on February 23, 2010

love this show don’t cancel

Kimberly Palmer

Posted at 1:09 PM on February 23, 2010

Aewsome Show even without Lucas and Peyton. Please do not take this show off love it.

Alice

Posted at 11:45 AM on February 23, 2010

YOU HAVE TO DO AN 8th SEASON ITS THE BEST SHOW IN THE WOLD PLEASE DON’T TAKE IT OFF :D

Marle-Rae

Posted at 10:32 AM on February 23, 2010

I love One Tree Hill!!!!

Danielle Walker

Posted at 7:28 AM on February 23, 2010

I hope One Tree Hill does not end it is such a great show!!

Jennifer

Posted at 12:49 AM on February 23, 2010

Save one tree hill that show us awesome

ashley

Posted at 12:17 AM on February 23, 2010

SAVE ONE TREEE HILL! ITS GETTING SO GOOD WE LOVE NALEY KEEP IT ALIVE

Ashley

Posted at 11:27 PM on February 22, 2010

Please keep One Tree Hill going! It is my favourite show of all time! It has so many meaning for stories, it has got me through some rough times, I get really excited when Monday comes around because I know at 9pm I can sit down, take my mind off things and watch my favourite show, the one I have enjoyed for 6 years! We need a season 8!!!

Kim

Posted at 10:50 PM on February 22, 2010

Please dont take this show away…This is one show that me and my daughters watch together.
Please rethink this and give us one more season

Megan

Posted at 9:45 PM on February 22, 2010

Really hoping they keep it going – we’re just getting to know all these new characters!