‘Tiger’s Body Language Was Robotic and Contrived!’ An Expert Tells HollywoodLife.com

Fri, February 19, 2010 11:47am EDT by 8 Comments

AP Images

AP Images

You may have fooled some, but you can’t trick an expert with your carefully planned apology, Tiger!

Tiger Woods finally came clean to the world and said he was sorry for cheating on his wife Elin Nordegren, 30, multiple times. But was his apology sincere? Body language experts say hell no!

“His speech was empty, shallow and will do him more harm than good. It wasn’t sincere – it was contrived,” Dr. Glass tells HollywoodLife.com, then explaining why the 34-year-old golf pro’s speech was like a badly-executed performance.

“He puts his hand on his heart at a specific time in the speech and look at the camera at very specific times. It’s very robotic. His tone of voice was even robotic, and not emotion-filled or inflected.”

Continues the body language consultant, “Nothing in his whole apology was human aside from his mother’s hug. His mother [Kultida Woods] was the only human thing there! She showed a lot of shame and embarrassment with her arms crossed over her body – that indicates a lot of shame. Patting him on the shoulder was her way of saying, ‘You did a good job.’”

Psychiatrist Dr. Carole Lieberman agrees Tiger’s apology lacked heart. “The way he looked at the camera to underline certain points seemed to be totally rehearsed and insincere,” she says. “There was some sincerity and vulnerability, but not enough.”

Tiger was also – as expected – quite nervous, claims Glass. “He was rocking back and forth towards the end, indicating ‘I want to get out of here!’ It was all very phony and insulting to the public. He wasted everyone’s time.”

What do you think? Was Tiger’s apology sincere or was it all a bad act?

Get more on Tiger Woods

spara butta

Posted at 10:01 PM on February 24, 2010

You mean there is such a thing as a “body language consultant”? If so, he had to say something controversial to make homself look good. I wonder what kind of bodies he looks at most of the time. Do you think they are fully clothed or does he usually like to view them nude, then consult on them? What a sham!!

Lue

Posted at 9:51 PM on February 21, 2010

All you consultant experts………..Please get a grip!! You read too much into everything. Just because someone put their hands on their chest, looking into the camara after making a statement “I’m sorry” does not mean Tiger is not sincere. An example, an expert stated a job applicant was acting insecure because her legs were crossed during her job interview. Well, she had to go to the bathroom. Anyway she obtain the job.

CLB

Posted at 10:25 PM on February 19, 2010

I am glad that Tiger Woods broke his silence. After listening to Tiger I feel positive that he is going in the right direction to get his derailed life back on the right track. I think that in each one of us there is a divine power that can be used to help us overcome any obstacle and adversity. I am encouraged that Tiger mentioned he is using his inner strength to regain balance in his life to save the two things that are most important to him, his wife and his children. Tiger said that Elin deserves praise and I wholeheartedly agreed. I want to tell Tiger that I hope and pray that one day Elin find room in her heart to believe in him again. God Bless!

righto

Posted at 2:55 PM on February 19, 2010

hahaha. I coached my sons in acting for nine years each…..and that was the worst performance I have ever seen! He auditioned, but he does not get the part!
Does he think the public is really that stupid?

spara butta

Posted at 10:03 PM on February 24, 2010

NO…the public isn’t that stupid! You are!!! HA-HA!

Beto

Posted at 12:35 PM on February 19, 2010

You do not make a sincere apology reading from a script. Tiger must have enrolled in A-Rod 101:How to make an apology. The only part I believed was when he wanted people to leave Elin and his kids alone. Other than that. Anyway, my favorite part was at the end. When he started hugging people. I think the powers that be told him he needed to hug five people. I just wish he would have sat down with the press and got it over. (I still think his wife clocked him with a 9-iron) My 2 cents.

WTF_SAM

Posted at 12:11 PM on February 19, 2010

The expert is no expert. TW never groomed himself for public speech – he’s a golfer last time I checked.

You try to get on national TV and read a dozen notes to the peeps.

And what decent expert would post an obvious slant. Not a great one.

Carl

Posted at 12:05 PM on February 19, 2010

I say its sincere. The man has nothing left to loose or protect. Why would he “trick” us like you imply?

I say the man is not a good public speaker. Most people aren’t. Its hard to deliver a normal speech in public what more a very controversial one?