Bonnie Says: Tiger Why Did You Blame The Press?

Fri, February 19, 2010 12:39pm EDT by 42 Comments
Bonnie Says: Tiger Why Did You Blame The Press?
Loading video...

Tiger Woods, your speech made a lot of good points. You took full responsibility for your infidelity and you mentioned your loyal wife Elin Nordegren several times. There were a few things though that we wouldn’t have done if we were you. First, you shouldn’t not have blamed the press for photographing your wife and children. You brought the world into your life when you cheated on your wife for years with multiple women. Secondly, you were very ambiguous when it came to your return to golf. We feel it was a disservice to your fans to not give them more information when it come to your sport. Thirdly, you shouldn’t have mentioned your strong faith and stray from Buddhism. We believe that although your speech seemed heartfelt — it went in too many directions. We would have kept it more to the point and not so long winded. Watch Bonnie’s rant above!

bija

Posted at 7:33 AM on February 23, 2010

Justin biber esht kentar i famshem me pelqen jash mase qe ka mudesi me ardh ne kosov e me u taku ose me shen ne msn bija_16@live.co e ma thon msn e justinit

Caligurl

Posted at 7:06 PM on February 22, 2010

Why don’t you people just leave this man alone? He’ll get his pay back in the end! I hope his wife don’t go back to him!!! HAHA

Joe

Posted at 6:25 PM on February 22, 2010

put a volume control on your videos, not just on/off.

David Alexander

Posted at 1:05 PM on February 22, 2010

what kind of sick disgusting freak follows a 3 year old child to school so they can make money off of the father’s misfortune? Media is getting out of hand and destroying the possibility of a decent society by manipulating popularity and power over the law.

mimi

Posted at 11:22 AM on February 22, 2010

hallo! okay if Tiger did not come out to talk …it is wrong…why is he not talking? ..now when he came out it is wrong too, he did not do good enough?…..he did well, if he had done more… people would say that he overdid it…..its wrong if he do and it is wrong if he dont!!! it is not easy..mimi

Friday's cominig

Posted at 10:46 AM on February 22, 2010

Children from broken homes suffer but maybe not as much as those from houses that are better off broken. All that staying together will teach them is that his indescetions are acceptable and screw them up for their future relationships.

Friday's cominig

Posted at 10:43 AM on February 22, 2010

I think Elin should leave him. But for the sake of the children, they should stay on good (non-sexual)terms. It’s his fault, not Elin’s and especially not that of the children’s. Why should they have to deal with the press? As for Dan, your comments look to me like you are having trouble getting any at all. She really could have thought they were both in love. It’s sad you and Tiger seem to have such a problem relating to anything but money and sex. From what I saw, she was mega hot and had a career before she met him.

Ava

Posted at 10:41 AM on February 22, 2010

Your personal life is yours you dont have to explan nothing to the public just when are you coming back on the field that is what you speach should be about. because half these people taking have had affairs so why go publc to say somthing about it to them? it is none of our buisness what you do in your personal life is between you and who every you see as your God.

Ava

Posted at 10:33 AM on February 22, 2010

You did not hit or blame the press when you were on the field playing and getting your pic taken so why blame them now? come on keep the blame were it should be…. AT YOU.

David Alexander

Posted at 9:19 AM on February 22, 2010

“You brought the world into your life when you cheated on your wife for years with multiple women”

Nobody deserves to lose the basic human right of privacy. Nomatter how famous, it doesn’t give anyone the right to strip another person of theirs. This is where media and popular demand are bigger than the law and abusing it.

Tiger woods and everyone else who has had their private life blasted on the television and internet should sue you and all of the other corporate media for all they are worth.

You are going to happily sit there and demonize a human being for doing something wrong? I’m sure Tiger Woods can thank you for immortalizing sin and ruining his image for the rest of his life. But it doesn’t matter to you obviously, it’s all about money and human life is just a tool to get it.

ME

Posted at 8:20 PM on February 21, 2010

PLease, you don’t know what you’re talking about, the speech was pretty good and I don’t ever remember a preacher, athlete, entertainer, politician or president taking ALL the blame in their speech as Tiger did, he didn’t blame anybody. He was right about the press, to follow a 3 year old to school………… Thats crazy.. and you know it. He OWES you nothing at all, only his wife, kids, and those that work for him,, no one else.
Overall, he did what he had to do, and tell will tell if he wants to be true to it or not…..

Dan Slater

Posted at 3:26 PM on February 21, 2010

ok first of all how is it any concerin to you or any of the word who tiger sleeps with he is a golfer that is what he is and yes hes the best the world has ever seen and when he got married his wife knew he was a golfer and worth close to a billion dollars everybody does so he had numerous affairs so what life is short lets get him back in the sport to crush more records and so that their will still be the PGA cause America has waited his arrival in the golf world since he was three bottom line is people cheat all the time why is it that when the president does it it went away faster than tiger hello its the stinking press and people trying to get involved in his life bottom line tiger get the divorce and go have fun and see how many you can get then the press will have something to talk about maybee the press should start begging him to play again and why are these woman on the news hello they all knew he was married so why is all the blame on him and not the girls involved oh yea its not news worthy that a slut had sex inless the slut had sex with tiger woods LMFAO come back soon Tiger

mimi

Posted at 4:46 PM on February 21, 2010

bravo dan slater….from mimi a scandinavien

mimi

Posted at 2:38 PM on February 21, 2010

and also real bonnie, why are you coming with peronal attacks about bonnie’s looks???? try to be a little more civilized…….there is no reasons for that,…wauh!

mimi

Posted at 2:32 PM on February 21, 2010

oh no real bonnie, why are you going there now, if it sucks as you say,… why do you read and give comments? …mimi

RealBonnie

Posted at 6:32 PM on February 20, 2010

Bonnie you suck. You are probably a divorcee. You look 65 though so maybe you are a grandmother. Your column sucks ass. Tiger rules you judgemental Ho.

mimi

Posted at 2:31 PM on February 21, 2010

it is what it is

rolllo

Posted at 4:36 PM on February 20, 2010

Tuger great job,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,who is not like or have not done the same…bull… ……Love is unconditional.

bonniefuller

Posted at 1:27 PM on February 20, 2010

Hi Guys! Thx for your comments- can I just add two other points: #1: if Tiger hadn’t hidden out for 3 months – the press would not have followed his wife. Why did he HIDE for 3 months? #2: If he wants to change so much – why was his BFF Bryan Bell at his press conference – that’s the guy who booked plane tickets & hotel rooms for his mistresses.

HOW DOES ELIN FEEL – this guy is STILL his BFF!!!

mimi

Posted at 2:56 PM on February 21, 2010

okay bonnie f….Tiger “went away” because he did not know how to handle it, he was hiding until he could handle the truth, remember he never could immagine that he would be caught, it was a real chocker for him, so he went into hiding …for a while….and the rest is history…..mimi

getbacktowork

Posted at 7:32 PM on February 23, 2010

okay, bonnie, just because tiger could not be found does not justify the press being all in his childrens’ faces. i feel sorry for elin a bit, but she married into that willingly so i don’t feel as badly for her. there is no need to post pictures with the children nor make their lives difficult (by making their mom’s life difficult- at least when she is out with them). if she’s out and gets snapped on a “girls night out”, that’s one thing- but running the kids to daycare/school, that’s cheezy and classless and that is unfortunately the state of these kinds of websites and “news”. i follow it, so i’m no better, but don’t try justifying it- it’s wrong to do it, and wrong for me to read it, frankly. as for the BFF thing… i don’t think it’s as big a deal as you make it, nor as cut and dry as you make it. isn’t the guy his employee and caddy? you’re probably not a golfer, nor do you probably follow the sport, but your caddy is your teammate as i understand it- they are an integral part of your profession… so the guy did some dirty work for tiger, you don’t know how involved he was in that, whether or not they were meanly chuckling on the side at elin’s expense (which I highly doubt- though these women are trashy, it sounds like tiger really thought he was in love with some of them- not just meanly carousing, but messed up)… in any case, the BFF is such a ‘whatever’ i can’t imagine why it’s being brought up. it was his friend, and you can’t blame the friend- for all you know, the guy was disgusted and trying to tell his boss to cut the crap the whole time. who cares about him.

CLB

Posted at 11:41 AM on February 20, 2010

I am glad that Tiger Woods broke his silence. Tiger has apologized to everyone and accepted that what he did was very wrong. Tiger confirmed he needs help and that he is receiving rehab to address his issues. Tiger said he wants to regain balance in his life to save the two things that are most important to him, his wife and his children. Tiger said that Elin deserves praise and I agree wholeheartedly. I wish them all the best. It is time that Tiger and his family move on with their life and for the media to get off their back!!!

mimi

Posted at 11:26 AM on February 20, 2010

I totally agree with bonnie,…..and whatever Tiger would say it would never be good enough, and here we are listening to him …okay I think he did a good job, I believe him, that he is truly sorry…are you kidding?, loosing himself completely to the pits …no privacy at all, wauh….Yes Elin I take the hat off for you, you have been a true swede with style and classe, I salute you, MIMI a dane…..

getbacktowork

Posted at 7:34 PM on February 23, 2010

ditto on the elin part. she has been nothing but class in this whole ordeal.

s hogan

Posted at 6:31 AM on February 20, 2010

So sorry, but I totally disagree with the negative portion of your comments above. First, let me say, I originally felt there was NOTHING Tiger could say or do that would allow me to feel forgiving of his cheating. I have been married 31 years and cannot tolerate a cheater. However, I was amazed with Tiger’s appology – I actually started watching the video online more out of curiosity, just to see what he thought he would possibly say to make this ok. Then, I couldn’t turn it off! He had actually captivated me, and, believe me, I’m a tuffy – he wasn’t going to change my mind! But, he did! I found him sincere – he looked directly into the camera – directly into the faces of the people in front of him. He took full responsibility – regarding the things that you feel he did wrong – I disagree – I never got that he “blamed” the press – as a father, protecting his children, he was asking the press not to follow his children around and disclose the location of where they attend school – there are so many nuts out there that could kidnap or harm the children – his cheating did not “bring the world into their life”, his golfing did (although, yes, his cheating difinitely made photographing the kids more of a priority – as we all know the paps go where the story is.) Don’t get comment that not disclosing his return to golf as a disservice to his fans. Bravo that his return to golf is not his priority! I believe that no one in this world OWES anything to anyone but themselves.(again, just my belief). Lastly, with regard to his mention of his religion, from that I got that their religion was a major source of structure in the lives of his family, and that straying from his religion allowed him to make the horribly poor choices that he did. It seemed to me that he wanted to let people (specially his Mom) know that he recognized how important the Buddhism religion is in his life and keeping him on the right path and to let her and others know that he was going to incorporate that back into his life, not only as part of his therapy, but as a lifelong commitment. Anyway, like I said – this is only my opinion, but I found this appology to be from the heart, totally sincere and in no way just a media stunt to gain sympathy. God Bless Elin, it takes an amazing woman to do what she is doing. She has handled this with so much poise, grace, sincerity and dignanty, – Tiger is one extremely lucky man that she is giving him this opportunity to possibly save his marriage. I am very pleased that Tiger recognizes that 2 – 3 months of therapy is NOT enough – it will take months, maybe even years for him to hopefully get over this obsession of his. I am a true believer that everyone can make a mistake and that everyone deserves a second chance. But, you must learn from your mistakes. If he does it again – FORGET IT! Again, I felt his appology was amazingly sincere – bravo Tiger – I would NEVER have thought that you could convince ME! Thanks for the opportunity to comment Bonnie – a great day to all!

Leeyoleisl

Posted at 5:46 PM on February 20, 2010

Bravo, s hogan! In my opinion, no one couldn’t have said it better. It is amazing, though, that there are hardly any comments regarding the children. They are the additional victims in Tiger’s situation. The photogs have got to leave this family alone if there is any chance of so-called normalcy in THEIR lives.

Panda

Posted at 3:27 PM on February 21, 2010

Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you S. Hogan, NO ONE Couldn’t have said it better. Wonderful and I love it.

Alberto Morales

Posted at 8:07 AM on February 21, 2010

Woods probalbly paid around 100K for some brain washer to write up such a god damn lies. He did a job on you, don’t be a fool, he only siad what he needed to say, but that does not applies to the fact that he is only saying what he was told to say. He personnaly did not mean a word that he said and I feel sorry for you that you actually believe what he was mandated to say for a high fee, which is something he accostumed to pay, HIGH FEES, all those women were given HIGH FEES for entertain him in bed, with 2 or more women at the time…..that is HIGH FEES. Accept the fact and don’t be such a foolish person. I hope Elin takes to the cleaners. She deserves and WILL find a better man than that asshole.

Panda

Posted at 3:22 PM on February 21, 2010

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, NO One couldn’t have said it better. Wonderful and I love it.

getbacktowork

Posted at 7:38 PM on February 23, 2010

add me to the s hogan fans. thank you. too bad when this post and topic all gets summarized here, it will be “fans agreed with bonnie, tiger is scum” or something to that effect…

cutiie

Posted at 11:59 PM on February 19, 2010

so agree wit u Bonnie. tiger wentt real rong doin dat

Mrs.Dr.Jones

Posted at 9:50 PM on February 19, 2010

Tiger’s entire personal life is a sham…like every other super star that’s gets sucked up into the media. What’s sad is that the members of his family are his victims. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again…Tiger woods has not said that he loves his wife at least once since this mess started. He’s an embarrassment and now he will known for his scandals and not his accomplishments.

Tina

Posted at 7:48 PM on February 19, 2010

SO TRUE! :) totally agree w/ u bonnie!

Tina

Posted at 7:47 PM on February 19, 2010

I totally agree with you bonnie!

F. Watkins

Posted at 2:04 PM on February 19, 2010

I think no matter how he says I’m sorry for some that’s not enough. But the sad part about it, is he owes us nothing.
Because he’s a great golfer does not mean he has to open he personal life to us. I respect that, because I’m a private person myself. Their should be some regulation put on the media as to how far they are able to go. Because if we were to dig into their lives i’m certain it wouldn’t be sqeakey clean. Yes, he is bye far (1)of the greatiest golfers in the world. But he not responsible for your children. When we came to know Tiger it was for his golfing ability, nothing else. This too shall past. The same reason his wife was attracted, to him, is the same reason all those other gold digging woman are attracted to him and all other althelics is money and fame. (Don’t get me wrong, yes he was wrong to cheat on his wife.) Tiger get your divorce!
Because you are still a young man, and as long as you are (1)of the greatiest golfers in the world there will women offering themselfs to you, and you are only human and MR, Winky is still rising to the occasion, you won’t be able to say no to all of them. So, get it together and look forward to seeing you on the golf course, where you are the man.
Things happen for a reason.

Amoke victor

Posted at 3:46 PM on February 19, 2010

I tatally agree that Tiger messed up big time.But for his childrens sake,they should not divorse.Children from broken homes suffer a lot psycholigically.It is also true that most of the women in his life came to have a chunk of his money and the so called marriage councillorsdivorse lawyers wants money too and thats why they asking them to divorse.its a vicious circle

Mr. Winky

Posted at 9:59 PM on February 19, 2010

Things happen for a reason? I think there is no rationalizing Tiger’s behavior. He threw reason out the window.

I do agree that all those women including Elin wouldn’t give Tiger the time of day if he was not rich and famous. Face it, he looks a South-Pacific Howdy Doody.

lomi

Posted at 3:53 PM on February 21, 2010

Why do we need to critize other’s problem? To let others know who we are? The only thing I doubt about you bonnie is you are good at judging others, but who is gonna judge you? What is hopeful in Tiger’s speech so I can have it as my guidance.

lomilomi