Hey CW, Our Readers Want You To Renew 'One Tree Hill' For An Eighth Season — And So Do We!

Thu, February 18, 2010 5:04pm EDT by 35 Comments
Courtesy of the CW

Courtesy of the CW

Last week, we asked our readers which CW show they most wanted to see renewed for next season, and their answer came through loud and clear: One Tree Hill!

“This show has changed my life time and time again,” commenter Amanda P. writes. “I feel like it got me through some of the hardest years of my life.” That’s just one of the many statements we’ve received from outraged One Tree Hill fans. Devoted followers have been with the show for seven years now, and they’re not ready to say goodbye.

Hey, we know Sophia Bush is on board! “If there’s a season eight, yeah I’ll be there!” she told us Feb. 13 at the alice + olivia by Stacey Bendet show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York. “I want Brooke to be happy. I think their relationship [her and Julian's] is the best relationship that Brooke has ever been in, because it’s real and it’s substantial. We’re not dealing with puppy love in high school anymore.”

And that’s exactly what we love about the show! We’ve seen these characters legitimately transform themselves from confused teens to established adults — and we’ve grown right along with them. The show may not be about high school basketball anymore, but at its core the show is still about a tight-knit group of friends finding love and pursuing their dreams — with the occasional psycho nanny and brother-murdering talk show host thrown in for good measure. And isn’t that something we can all relate to?

It would also be a shame to cut our relationship with this season’s new crop of characters short. Clay (Robert Buckley) and Quinn (Shantel VanSanten) are great additions to the show, and their characters bring the kind of angst and torment we’re used to seeing on One Tree Hill. But like all newcomers to a cast, it took some time for viewers to warm up to them and now they’re finally becoming invested in their stories.

So here’s our official plea: CW, give One Tree Hill at least one more season! It may not pull in crazy numbers, but it consistently outperforms many of the shows you already renewed for next year. Whatever your issues are — budget, contracts, etc. — work them out and give us all one more year with the gang from North Carolina.

andy_sigandimage_pink2

Linda

Posted at 12:37 PM on February 21, 2010

I WANT A SEACON 8!!!

Jordan

Posted at 10:20 AM on February 20, 2010

Lauren

Posted at 1:18 AM on February 20, 2010

I want a season 8!

Jennie

Posted at 10:20 PM on February 19, 2010

please renew for season 8!

nabs

Posted at 7:45 PM on February 19, 2010

PLEASE SIGN IT! Petition for a season 8 of One Tree Hill:

Gustavo

Posted at 2:35 PM on February 19, 2010

I really don’t understand people of CW;not because i am huge fan of One tree hill;it’s because One tree hill spent the whole year beating in ratings Gossip Girl and 90210…and those shows already sign up for another season,meanwhile OTH see their chances vanishing.Gossip Girl and 90210;are the exact show:Beautiful and wealthy people…meanwhile OTH has content and a much deeper storylines.

OTH SEASON 8-SIGN THE PETITION

Jen

Posted at 2:16 PM on February 19, 2010

You articulated basically all my sentiments about the show. I’m so glad Sophia is on board for a season 8!

Like others have said, sign the petition! :)

Maria

Posted at 9:06 AM on February 19, 2010

ONE TREE HILL needs and deserves a season 8! Please CW give it to us! This show has changed my life and made me who I am today. We, the fans all of those who ever worked on or loved the show, deserve a season 8!

Ciara

Posted at 8:56 AM on February 19, 2010

Please give us just one more season to wrap things up. I dont think any of us are ready to let the show go just yet.

Chris Peplinski

Posted at 8:50 AM on February 19, 2010

I think there should be an 8th and final season of the show.

Tamir

Posted at 7:48 AM on February 19, 2010

I agree with Amanda P. I am 18 years old and since I was 15 or so (third season) I grew up with those guys. Here in Israel “Yes” (a television supplier) has aired the first two seasons again a few years ago and it was the high light of my day after my worst days in high school. But I think maybe it is time for the show to go. Certainly not because it got bad (it simply hasn’t), I just want it to go on a higher hote and I think seven seasons is a very good accomplishment. I really like the actors (Bethany, Sophia [I adore her!], Lee and maybe even Chad and Hilarie) to succeed in their careers maybe in movies. I just love them so much and want them to succeed and let’s face it, in hollywood they are starting to get old (which I hate that about hollywood).
But I totaly agree with this wonderfull article. Thank you.

B

Posted at 4:21 AM on February 19, 2010

I completely agree.. thank you for writing this article.. we need OTH renewed!

adrian

Posted at 3:43 AM on February 19, 2010

sign the petition !!

Jensen

Posted at 10:41 PM on February 18, 2010

Fantastic article, and I couldn’t have said it better myself. One Tree Hill, its cast, crew, and fans, deserve one last season to say goodbye and properly wrap up such an established show, so let us have it, CW!!!

Amanda

Posted at 9:47 PM on February 18, 2010

love thearticle and support…OTH is amazing and has helped me through some hard times as well…

Annemarie

Posted at 9:16 PM on February 18, 2010

Thank you so much for this article and support I hope you will forward this article/poll information to the CW! Everyone please keep signing the petition and sending CW messages!

Shantel

Posted at 9:12 PM on February 18, 2010

In my opinion the CW would be CRAZY to not pick up at least One Tree HIll for a season 8. OTH has survived day/time changes, major character losses, a midseason pick up-season 5, and almost zero promotion by the network in comparison to the other shows. Yet OTH’s ratings this season have been consistently HIGHER than almost every show on the CW. So we need a SEASON 8 OTH!!!

Marissa

Posted at 8:54 PM on February 18, 2010

WELL SAID! We need another season, bring it onnn :)

tiffany

Posted at 8:52 PM on February 18, 2010

YESSS DO A SEASON 8 COME ON CW. OTH MEANS EVERYTHING.

Hailey

Posted at 8:38 PM on February 18, 2010

Thank you for the support! Everyone keep signing the official season 8 petition!!!

OTH ALL THE WAY

Posted at 6:10 PM on February 18, 2010

Bring back OTH Life Unexpected blows cut your losses CW and keep a show that is actually doing well all by itself.

Kaye

Posted at 5:40 PM on February 18, 2010

I say #8, but I’d like to see the whole crew back, if it does happen– meaning the return of Lucas & Peyton. A girl can dream, right?!

gigi

Posted at 5:23 PM on February 18, 2010

let’s go for number 8

Ben from VA

Posted at 5:23 PM on February 18, 2010

Please CW renew One Tree Hill for a Eight Season! I would love to have another season. Sophia, James, and Bethney have stepped their game up this season. I need more!!!

joefriday

Posted at 5:21 PM on February 18, 2010

BEST editorial ever! LOVE OTH forever!