Hey CW, Our Readers Want You To Renew 'One Tree Hill' For An Eighth Season — And So Do We!

Thu, February 18, 2010 5:04pm EDT by 35 Comments
Courtesy of the CW

Courtesy of the CW

Last week, we asked our readers which CW show they most wanted to see renewed for next season, and their answer came through loud and clear: One Tree Hill!

“This show has changed my life time and time again,” commenter Amanda P. writes. “I feel like it got me through some of the hardest years of my life.” That’s just one of the many statements we’ve received from outraged One Tree Hill fans. Devoted followers have been with the show for seven years now, and they’re not ready to say goodbye.

Hey, we know Sophia Bush is on board! “If there’s a season eight, yeah I’ll be there!” she told us Feb. 13 at the alice + olivia by Stacey Bendet show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York. “I want Brooke to be happy. I think their relationship [her and Julian's] is the best relationship that Brooke has ever been in, because it’s real and it’s substantial. We’re not dealing with puppy love in high school anymore.”

And that’s exactly what we love about the show! We’ve seen these characters legitimately transform themselves from confused teens to established adults — and we’ve grown right along with them. The show may not be about high school basketball anymore, but at its core the show is still about a tight-knit group of friends finding love and pursuing their dreams — with the occasional psycho nanny and brother-murdering talk show host thrown in for good measure. And isn’t that something we can all relate to?

It would also be a shame to cut our relationship with this season’s new crop of characters short. Clay (Robert Buckley) and Quinn (Shantel VanSanten) are great additions to the show, and their characters bring the kind of angst and torment we’re used to seeing on One Tree Hill. But like all newcomers to a cast, it took some time for viewers to warm up to them and now they’re finally becoming invested in their stories.

So here’s our official plea: CW, give One Tree Hill at least one more season! It may not pull in crazy numbers, but it consistently outperforms many of the shows you already renewed for next year. Whatever your issues are — budget, contracts, etc. — work them out and give us all one more year with the gang from North Carolina.

andy_sigandimage_pink2

Lydia

Posted at 9:12 PM on March 17, 2012

Just had a brushfire lclloay a few days ago. Late season this year due to the late spring rains but she’s dry now. As I live in the hills, fire always terrifies me. Forestry equipment and air bombers are 15 miles away but seems like a million. Fingers crossed for a short, few fire season.

Brianna

Posted at 12:20 AM on April 19, 2010

To all of you that think the show was ruined because Lucas and Peyton left, you’re all dense. The show is so much more amazing, without their whining / broodiness all the time. Sure, they are missed by me especially (Leyton fan here), but seriously. How about giving it a chance for more than a season? I’m tired of hearing that crap.

OTH DEFINITELY needs to be renewed for an eighth season at least. They just started with peoples stories…like Clay. He’s an amazing character that I’d hate to see get cut short because CW THINKS OTH has run it’s course. OTH is the ONLY reason I even watch CW. Nothing else appeals to me on there. Vampires? No thanks played out. Gossip Girls? I graduated highschool, don’t wanna live it again. 90210? Yea right, the original is SO much better than that crap. Keep OTH for those that like and enjoy decent shows, ones without immortal character and dramatic high school issues. I grew up with OTH and I’d like to keep watching it for as long as I can. It’s pulling in your most viewers….who cares if it’s not in the 18-30 year age gap. PEOPLE are watching it. RENEW IT.

marybatus

Posted at 8:37 AM on March 12, 2010

pleasebringonetreehillbackforaseason8.everyonethoughtthatwhenhillaryburtonandchadmichaelmurrayleft,theshowwouldtakeaturnfortheworse.iamnotaloneinmissingthem,butwiththenewcastandnewstorylines,youareappealingtoalargeraudience.kudostothenewcastandthenewwriters.inaddition,youcan,tjustendashowwithoutresolution.yourenormousviewingaudiencewantstoseewhereeveryoneisgoing.inaddition,therearesomanypeopleinwilmingtonwhorelyontheshowforincome.theyworkveryhardandareincrediblygoodatwhattheydo.iknowthatbecauseiwasanextraonbothdawsonscreekandonetreehillandonecouldnotfailtoseehowdedicatedtheywereandhowhardtheyworked.savetheshow.iamsurethatseason8willappealtoamuchlargeraudience.

Ann Marie

Posted at 11:18 AM on February 28, 2010

I agree with u 100% give us fans one more year. One tree hill has helped me countless of times. When I’m having a downer off a day I but one of the box sets on and it cheers me up(: with the cw it’s all about ratings but what about the fans who have been with them since episode one?? A minor rating drop and the cw jump the gun and consider no renewal, they are completely wrong if they decide not too renew another season, I jus hope they listen too what the fans want and not focus on the numbers!!!

Ronnie

Posted at 7:35 AM on February 25, 2010

Ya that’s right i love tha show too and it should be renewed but note; With the characters of season 7, it would be wonderful if CW could renew chad and hilarie’s contracts coz i beleive these two would spice up season 8 with the current cast. It would be mind blowing to mix them for season 8 it would be tha best season and it would give us something refreshing….

Tati

Posted at 6:09 AM on February 23, 2010

I disagree! I think ONE TREE HILL should NOT come back for an 8th Season! I LOVE th show but it has run it’s course! It should have ended last yeart! Please CW DO NOT RENEW IT unless you WANT TO BRING LUCAS AND PEYTON BACK!

Nicole

Posted at 3:43 AM on May 14, 2010

I totally agree w/u ! I admit I watched the first part of season 7 and it was good. But now I’m only watching it to see it through. I actually stopped for a few episodes and didn’t even miss it.It’s been a great show and up untell recently I’ve enjoyed watching it.

Carly

Posted at 9:21 PM on February 22, 2010

I completely 100% agree! This is an amazing show, i’ve grown up with it and to see it go would be horrible! I think that One Tree Hill is a great show with amazing actors who all have great chemistry and even though it started out as a teen drama is has grown to be so much more just like the characters.
If the CW does not renew the show, all One Tree Hill fan will be outraged!
One Tree Hill is the best show out there! :)

Katrina

Posted at 5:10 PM on February 22, 2010

i agree :)

Susannah

Posted at 1:52 PM on February 21, 2010

Andy,

I couldn’t agree with you more!!! One Tree Hill episodes have gotten me through some of the toughest times of my entire life. Whenever a problem arises and I’m unsure of how to handle it, I turn to old OTH episodes to see how they handled something similar. Turning to One Tree Hill episodes for advice or encouragement is like turning to one of my very best friends. I know I can trust the show and it’s always there to help me through the good times and the bad times. If One Tree Hill does not get renewed for an 8th season, be prepared for details on a strike!!!! The fans deserve to have an 8th season. The cast deserves the chance to expand their story lines. The crew deserves to have another year of employment. It’s a win-win for all involved!!