The top 24 has finally been revealed! Drop us a comment and let us know who you want to win this season.
Take a good hard look at that photo. One of those 24 people will be the next American Idol — isn’t that crazy? After weeks of watching all those painstaking auditions, the semifinalists have finally been chosen and the first live performance is coming up on Tuesday, Feb. 23. But before you get those texting fingers ready, take a look at the 12 guys and 12 girls you’ll be able to vote for. We’ve gone ahead and put pink stars next to the frontrunners, but let us know who YOU’ll be rooting for when the live shows start next week.
- Didi Benami: Didi, 22, dedicates her American Idol journey to her friend who recently passed away.
- Crystal Bowersox: Nicknamed “Mama Sox,” 19-year-old Crystal gets her inspiration from her one-year-old baby boy.
- *** Lacey Brown: She lost out to Megan Joy last season, but now she’s back and more determined than ever to succeed.
- Michelle Delamor: Michelle, 22, says the high point of her career so far was performing with Lil Wayne!
- Katelyn Epperly: This 19-year-old sophomore at Millikin University says, “My talent stops where music ends.”
- Siobhan Magnus: Is Siobhan, 20, the show’s first ever glass-blowing contestant? What a fun job!
- Paige Miles: Paige, 24, has been performing since she was seven years old.
- *** Ashley Rodriguez: Ashley has been a favorite of Bonnie’s since she first auditioned.
- Lilly Scott: Don’t be fooled by her head of totally white hair — Lilly is only 20!
- Katie Stevens: Her biggest fan and supporter is her grandmother, who is sadly suffering from Alzheimer’s.
- Haeley Vaughn: Another baby face, 16-year-old Haeley is a cheerleader for her high school football team!
- Janell Wheeler: 24-year-old Janell was inspired to audition after a close friend was diagnosed with cancer.
- Lee DeWyze: Though he was kicked out of high school, Lee says he’s a changed man now.
- Andrew Garcia: This 23-year-old doesn’t just sing — he also break dances!
- *** Tyler Grady: DVDs from ’70s rock concerts give Tyler, 20, inspiration for his performances.
- Todrick Hall: The 24-year-old performed with former Idol winner Fantasia on Broadway in The Color Purple.
- Casey James: 27-year-old Casey is a big fan of unbuttoning his shirt — and so are we!
- *** Aaron Kelly: At just 16 years old, baby-faced Aaron reminds us so much of David Archuleta!
- Alex Lambert: This 19-year-old football player has no relation to former runner-up Adam Lambert. Bummer!
- Michael Lynche: 26-year-old “Big Mike” got his nickname from the main character in The Blind Side. Could this big teddy bear be the next Ruben Studdard?
- Joe Muñoz: Joe’s laid-back attitude will come in handy when faced with the crazy pressure of
- John Park: He swears he can eat six double cheeseburgers in 16 minutes!
- Jermaine Sellers: Like so many of today’s biggest artists, 27-year-old Jermaine got his start singing in church.
- Tim Urban: There’s only one word to describe Tim… adorable.