The Fighting Between Jill Zarin & Bethenny Frankel Gets Nastier!

Wed, February 17, 2010 9:38am EDT by 31 Comments

011510_frankel_zarin_tear_544_80743418

Bethenny says she’s just hormonal and has no enemies … but Jill says losing Bethenny as a friend “tore me apart.” Who’s side are you on?

Where there are Real Housewives, there is certain to be drama! HollywoodLife.com recently spoke to a source who told us that the arguments between Real Housewives Of New York City Bethenny Frankel and Jill Zarin are completely real.

Jill even told Life & Style magazine, “This is the angriest season yet. There’s a lot of hurt, a lot of pain.”  Our source say, “Bethenny blames everything on her hormones [caused by her pregnancy] but she’s the same Bethenny!”

Life & Style says the former BFF had a falling out because Bethenny’s was not supportive of Jill when her husband, Bobby Zarin, was diagnosed with cancer over the summer. “It was a difficult time for me and my family, and the loss of Bethenny’s friendship tore me apart,” says Jill told the mag.

Bethenny tells the mag this season was “brutal,” adding, “There’s a lot more drama. I’m pregnant and was grouchy. I wasn’t up for it.”  But she isn’t the the falling out get to her. “I don’t have any hard feelings about anybody,” Bethenny says. “I’m too happy. I have too much to be happy about to worry about what’s going on with other people. I don’t know what will happen with Jill and me. We’re both going through unique periods in our lives. People grow together, people grow apart. It remains to be seen [where this goes]. I don’t have any enemies.”

Kelly-marie ross

Posted at 10:08 PM on November 30, 2012

Bethany moved to newyork after bad relationship became friends with Jill . Feel like Bethany used Jill till she got where she was today now she’s up in the world she threw Jill away like trash not on when it all falls apart for Bethany (one day it will nothings forever) I bet she will turn to Jill Jill being Jill will accept her back

Dee Haubert

Posted at 9:56 AM on July 9, 2010

Jill is jealous of Bethenny,like they said she is your friend as long as you are needy. She tried to turn everyone against Bethenny and it backfired, she was then the odd man out. She kept saying “her circle of friends” and then noone was left in her circle of friends except Krazy Kelly, was she on drugs? and Luann tne Countess LOL.

BETHANY ALL THE WAY!!

Posted at 11:14 PM on June 15, 2010

BETHANY ALLLLL THE WAY! Jill is such a jerk, and I wish that Bethany could of seen it from the very beginning instead of going threw all this hurt! Jill thinks that she is hurt but seriously Jill always has to be the center of attention– and she proved that at Romona’s party. Kelly and Jill are made for each other as best friends, they are both jerks. Bethany has a whole new chapter in her life going for her and she does not need Jill to weigh her down. I don’t care what Jill says Bethany was NOT properly informed, for GOSH DANG SAKE she was on a book signing tour.. give her a break Jill! and the only reason that Jill is coming back now is because she has lost all her friends and if she makes up with Bethany she might regain some of her friendships.. well guess what Jill; Bethany has new friends, better friends than you were and ever will be.. GO TEAM BETHANY!!!!!

pmsou

Posted at 1:33 PM on June 12, 2010

I’m totally on team Jill. On season one of housewifes, Bethany was bragging about how generous Jill was to her when she first moved to new york after being in a terrible relationship. Jill was there for bethany but bethany is too shallow now to remember. She was NOT there for Jill and she clearly has ganged up on jill by turning jill’s friends against her…disgusting. Bethany, YOU have a problem with Jill? Was all of that really “necessary”? Did you have to throw her under the bus with EVERYONE she knew? Not unless your middle school…

Me me me me me

Posted at 6:38 PM on May 27, 2010

Totally on Bethannys side! Jill doesn’t know what she wants in a friendship and until she figures it out no one will be suffiecient enough for her! She treated Bethanny horrible! Although Bethanmy was not there for her she shouldn’t have reacted that way. If I was in that situation I would not ruin a good friendship over that I would have took that experience and realized how blessed I was to still be alive and I would have also been supportive to Bethanny through her book tour and pregnancy and marriage. Jill is bitter, and until that changes she will never be able to keep friends.

Rene

Posted at 6:42 PM on May 3, 2010

From what I notice on TV, Jill can be rude and speak out of turn, but Bethany…Bethany is very cold and extremely disconnected. It always seems to be about her, her “skinny girl stuff”, She never seemed to be connected with Jill and regardless if Jill’s husband had a cold or a flu…e-mails and text are such a COLD and RUDE way to comfort a friend. Money and fame rips and burns away, a good friendship is hard to find. Bethany wants to continue to grow in fame…but eventually what goes up…come down!

Jeanine

Posted at 1:03 AM on April 23, 2010

Everyone on here needs to get a life. None of you were there when all of this happened. Life is too short for all this drama and chaos. I bet none of you actually know Jill and Bethany, and if you do shame on you. No one is perfect, just learn how to forgive. It’s too stressful to stay mad at someone, just get over it. You all are too touchy and just need to stop being so negative. I hope they both can come together again, and I wish them both the very best. And the rest of you have your own issues to deal with, my mind your own and leave them alone.

Jill Zarin Stinks

Posted at 11:43 PM on April 8, 2010

After watching this evening show it is totally apparent that Jill is a jealous, catty, vindictive witch. You don’t get that cold without lots of practice. With friends like Jill Zarin, no one needs enemies. Jill keeps score and expects returns. Why would any human being want advice from this nasty person? Her mother even worse. I have never seen more high school behavior in my life. Jill and LuLu were made for each other…Lulu wouldn’t know class if it smacked her in the face. Poser.

wrong

Posted at 2:27 PM on May 5, 2010

WRONG!

Celia Ebanks

Posted at 10:05 PM on April 7, 2010

These women are acting as if they are in high school..and we should not be so quick to judge both because we only know what the tv shows we don’t get the whole drama so we really can’t say who is right or wrong. But from watching the show i’ve noticed that Jill loves to be on top of everyone, wants to be the big boss and if anyone challenges her she pick a fight with them, remember when Ramona had her cooking party and didn’t invite Jill? Jill became furious and was upset with Ramona..so its like she has to be in the middle of everything that’s going on and its the same with Bethenney now that Bethenney has a man and don’t need Jill as much as she did when she was single Jill is acting out…because as u’ve seen Jill and her husband act more like friends than husband and wife..and so she’s always got time to hang with girls and do the whole socialite thingy but Bethenney and her man is really romantic and they spend alot of time together where she don’t have as much time for Jill and so Jill’s getting jealous. Jill is a control FREAK!!!

Margie

Posted at 3:38 PM on April 5, 2010

Jill and Bobby have been so good to Bethenny especially when she was going through such a hard time last year. Being Jill’s BFF, Bethenny should have either gone to see Bobby or called Jill to see how he was doing. Best friends just do that when something tramatic happens in a persons life but Bethenny was so focused on herself that nothing else mattered. I see why Jill is so hurt and angry. Shame on you Bethenny and good for Jill for getting a new hobby.

Celia Ebanks

Posted at 10:11 PM on April 7, 2010

Yes they were good to her but does that mean that she owes them something? NO WAY! By the way, Bethenney did send flowers and email to Jill asking how Bobby was doing, but Jill wanted more…Bethenney was busy working on her career and it only makes sense because Jill and Bobby don’t pay her bills so what was she supposed to do, come and sit by his side everyday until he was healthy again while her life passed her by?

pmsou

Posted at 1:38 PM on June 12, 2010

Yes, bethany owes them her friendship unless she is a USER. It’s just called being a decent person. Bethany could have called her if they were “friends”. It’s what a real friend would have done.

Northeaster

Posted at 4:37 AM on April 11, 2010

Jill has a tendency to exaggerate. Bobby was not diagnosed with cancer. He had a biopsy and was in the hospital for 2 days. Bethenny was on her book tour & did contact Jill, but Jill told Bethenny & EVERYONE else that it was NO big deal.

Jill’s just using Bethenny not being there for Bobby as an excuse for her jealousy. Hell, she, his own wife wasn’t even there. She was too busy attending & being photographed at every event (and non-event) in & out of town.

And if “Best friends just do that when something traumatic happens in a persons life”, where was Jill’s support when Bethenny’s father was dying?

Jill’s feeling were hurt over the “get a hobby comment” & she’s extremely jealous over Bethenny’s new show. It’s common knowledge that Jill was pushing for her own show with her mother & sister, but got shot down.

Sue W

Posted at 2:29 PM on May 5, 2010

Youu are really misinformed. Bobby did have cancer and is now in remission.

Linda

Posted at 3:12 AM on April 15, 2010

The problem is that Jill is such a liar that it is hard to know what really happened during her husband’s bout with cancer. She NOW says how hard it was etc etc. Another source said Bethany didn’t know what was really going on until she returned from her business trips. Jill was also seen out on the town every weekend while her husband was supposed to be so sick that she was spoon feeding him at the hospital, the same time she is blaming Bethany for not being there. Now that Jill has to defend herself about all her nastiness, she starts telling everyone that Bethany wasn’t there for her. I tend to believe the person who isn’t so full of herself that she stomps all over everyone and enjoys it. I don’t see Jill as having much of a concience. She just changes her behavior and stories to try and explain away her terrible behavior. Bethany isn’t perfect, but wanted to apologize. Jill wanted to blow her into little pieces.

Candy

Posted at 12:19 AM on April 19, 2010

I agree. She wasn’t there to support her good friend in her time of need when Bobby was sick.
Jill is not jealous. Bethenny is cold. And, now she is backpedaling because she knows she was not kind to her friend and she looks bad. I think Jill may have forgiven her if Bethenny hadn’t continued with the fight and just apologized kindly. But, no.. she has to get nasty and blame the other for her own wrongdoing.

Gina

Posted at 1:28 PM on March 7, 2010

Bethenny is the same person she has always been but Jill is just now realizing what Bethenny is all about since it affects her. Who wouldn’t be there for someone whose husband might have cancer? Even if you don’t like the person (believe me, I’ve been THERE!). Bethenny has always been desperate to find a man, get married and pop out her first puppy. Now she’s pregnant so I guess that’s her excuse for being the nasty c-word she has always been! So what’s her excuse for being that way to LuAnn? Oh right, it’s always everyone else, I guess! Not likely – not everyone else is wrong!

Candy

Posted at 12:41 AM on April 19, 2010

Jill and Lu Ann are healthier people and capable of real friendship. So, girls.. just say no to the stress of the Bethenny Frankel toxicity. Bethenny is not a healthy camper! She needs to have her mouth washed out with soap! What is wrong with her anyway? I liked it when Jill said she wished her the best and Bethenny says “I don’t believe you.” What? And, when Ms Frankel attacked Lu Ann at the fashion show. OMG. I can’t take her. She has to denigrate Jill and Lu Ann’s friendship and make it seem crazy because she’s jealous of it! I was chuckling when Ramona gave it to her on the Brookln Bridge walk — for the first time I was on Ramona’s side. I’m liking Ramona better than Bethenny now. Skinny girl margarita might not be giving her the nutrients she needs for proper thinking??!!

Sarah

Posted at 8:41 PM on February 18, 2010

Jill Zarin is the most jealous person in the world. She is FUMING MAD that Bethenny is a NY Times best selling author. Now she’s trying to “copy” her with a book she didn’t even write! Her sister wrote it. And it’s all about love and friendships?? FROM JILL ZARIN?? ARE YOU F’ING KIDDING ME?? This NY wannabe is nothing but a yenta who causes trouble with everyone – including her own family! I know her from Bravo and she is the biggest trouble maker for the network on this show. DEMANDING isn’t even the word for her. JEALOUS JILL is her name – don’t wear it out!

Amber

Posted at 10:37 AM on February 19, 2010

I couldn’t disagree with you more…even if Jill is jealous of Bethenny’s nefound success, Bethenny is a cold heartless, self-centered Bit@h! She wouldn’t ever have been on housewives if Jill hadn’t discovered her in the hamptoms. I don’t care how jealous or envious (I don’t know why she would be anyway) Jill could be of Bethenny. She is claiming that she needed a friend during a difficult time and trashy, disgusting Bethenny who has got all you fools brainwahed with her nonsense wasn’t there for a close friend. Bethenny may be on the top of the world now but God put her there and in an instant it could all be taken away. And btw, if you think that Bethenny wrote her own book…think again…did you ever here of “Eve Adamson” she is a wholefoods, nutrition writer who took Bethenny’s ideas and wrote a book. Probably the same thing occurred with Jill’s book with her sister. You must be an evil person who wouldn’t stand by a close friend who needed you by the contents of your comment.

kimberly

Posted at 9:42 AM on March 5, 2010

I totally agree with you. It appears that Bethany is not the same person that she was in the past. She has let her fame and all the new found attention change her, completely. She is not a nice person ne more. I do not like her at all. She should be ashamed of herself. Jill was being a good friend to her but now that bethany does not need her any more, she appears to be done with her. When Jills husband was diagnosed with cancer, you should have been there for her, no excuses, flowers dont cut it. Bethany darling, you make kelly look good.

h,dancinger

Posted at 6:45 PM on February 17, 2010

hi,bethany, you are a real jap. a terribly jellous person, and you did not deserve the attention that you have received from Jill’s mother.you look horrible,even after all your plastic surgery jobs, on your ugly face and fake body.be a mentch, I as a jewish woman,I’m ashamed of your ugly big mouth. be nicer, the world is a better place, than what you make it to be.please! h.

People who live in glass houses...

Posted at 12:01 AM on April 4, 2010

H, how is it possible to be so invested in a contrived television program that you would be motivated to describe one of the castmembers, someone whom you don’t know, using words such as “… on your ugly face and fake body”? You advise the cast member to “be nicer” and that is certainly thoughtful advice; I encourage you need to implement your own suggestion and “be nicer”.

These women comprise nothing more than a television program — a very low-class one — and if you want the “world to be a better place,” stop viewing series like this one and posting anonymous hate messages about the people on them. While you might think this woman has an “ugly big mouth,” you should consider the unwarranted hatred that is spewing from your own mouth.

And if you are going to post comments that are comprised of your own unwarranted emotional investment and meanness, at least be aware that it is far more intelligent to attack someone’s behavior, not that person’s physical appearance. Bethenny’s appearance, cosmetic surgery, and the size of her mouth are not germane to the issue. A more intellectual approach would involve discussion of the specific actions she prepetrated to which you object.

Despite my explanation, I’m fairly confident that you will feel compelled to reply to this message with some low-class, grammatically incorrect, hateful remark, but you needn’t bother as I won’t be returning to the site to read it. However, if you feel you cannot move forward without taking up even more webspace with meanness and hate, definitely post it. If putting others down (known as “downward social comparisons”; isn’t it nice to be able to give a name to what you’re doing?) make you feel better about yourself, use that approach for now. In the future, hopefully, you’ll develop better self-esteem and not need to write such negative things.

Teri

Posted at 11:20 AM on February 17, 2010

I am on Jill’s side all the way. It looks like Jill took Betheny in to her home and helped her and when Jill needs her she is nowhere to be found? That is not a friend. You can tell who your real friends are when you go through something like that.

Candy

Posted at 12:45 AM on April 19, 2010

Absolutely! On Jill’s side. Jill, be strong.

mimi

Posted at 11:01 AM on February 17, 2010

aaarh! bethenney,…. friends are not easy to get so keep them?, if your friendship is broken because of whatever, the friendship was not real deep?, come on guys – grown women…hormonel? no no life is too short…..cancer is bad…you know…I have been there with my husband….and I wish I had a friend when that happened….take care of each other, mimi da danish viking

Amy

Posted at 4:30 PM on February 21, 2010

I love them both – After losing a best friend of 31 years after going through a divorce I will say you learn who your friends are. Jill was very rude and hurtful to Bethany during the fund raiser with the Bar – does anyone know the work it takes to get 20k worth of alcohol donated – and Jill seemed anything but grateful. Sad when a friend comes out so strong to support you and instead of talking with her or apologizing you tell her to leave. You could see the shock and hurt on Bethanys face. Perhaps thats why she pulled away from Jill – remember there are 2 sides to every story – hope they both find happiness.

Julie

Posted at 7:50 PM on March 8, 2010

Actually, getting $20,000 of liquor donated to an event that will be televised is a piece of cake. Getting $20,000 in cash donated to an event that’s going to be televised – on a hit show no less – is also a piece of cake. I couldn’t BELIEVE how much Bethany whined about the work she put in – the signage was a joke, Bethany is so self-centered it borders on the absurd. She took a friggin’ margarita and added club soda – this is some magical invention?? PLEASE! In Vermont and Nantucket they do that all the time. It’s not an original idea. I watched the first episode last week, but I’m done. Bethany’s face makes my tv cry.

SARAH

Posted at 8:44 PM on March 27, 2010

Whoever talks bad about Bethany is just jealous of her. She is beautiful, funny, smart, and is getting more and more famous. While I understand Jill was hurt by the comments, I would like to hear the whole message. We dont know what is behind it and what was said to make Bethany so angry to leave the message. Bethany is amazing.

wayclassierthanurcountess

Posted at 3:03 PM on March 30, 2010

Bethany speaks her mind and always has. Now that Jill doesn’t have her on her side is trying to get “allies”. It’s high school… only w/menopause makes it even more wicked…
Jill likes to boss everyone around, she wants to be Queen Bee and call the shots…what she didn’t know is that Bethany is no underdog and she is a strong woman and because she is “rebelling to the power of Jill” then she is not a good friend? Pleeeeeze! Good for her that she managed to get what she wanted in life!! Good friends agree to disagree and feel happy for your success not envy!

Maybe if Jill did GET A HOBBY she wouldn’t have time to bad mouth others and focus on her own life. Good luck to Luann trying to escape Jill’s tentacles now that she is the “single” one.