Want to know how celebs like Jessica Alba and Uma Thurman slim down for the Oscars? Their licensed wellness coach and nutrition expert Jackie Keller tells us!
It’s now only two weeks until Oscars and that means it’s time for the stars to really get serious about their weight loss. We’ve got the scoop from NutriFit founder Jackie Keller on how her clients like Jessica Alba, Susan Sarandon and Uma Thurman fight the fat and how you can too! If you’ve been following Jackie’s week three plan, it’s time to step it up for week two. Check out how you should be eating this week to prepare!
Eat More Protein!
- “Time to check your protein sources and make sure there’s salmon, trout or tuna on the menu, as well as eggs and whole grains, and fat free dairy, like fat free yogurt, cottage cheese and milk.”
Get Your Daily Antioxidants!
- “Your diet should be very high in antioxidants. Vitamin C for collagen production; E along with C, helps reduce skin damage caused by free radicals, smoke and pollution. Free radicals can eat up stores of collagen and elastin, the fibers that support skin structure. Vitamin A is necessary for the repair and maintenance of skin tissue, and vitamin B (biotin), is a nutrient that forms the basis of skin, nail and hair cells. Get these through eating a wide variety of fruit, vegetables and favorable sources of protein.”
Eat Better For More Radiant Skin!
- “Cold water fish that is high in omega-3 fatty acids (like salmon), flaxseed and sunflower oil have the most favorable type of fat you can get from foods. These healthy fats contribute to the production of the skin’s natural oil barrier. Without them, the skin produces a more irritating form of oil, which can result in skin problems. For glowing skin, look to these favorable fats. Selenium, found in whole grain cereals, garlic and eggs, helps protect skin from sun damage. Drinking plenty of water to keep your skin plump and hydrated should be pursued in earnest, if you aren’t already.”
Cut Out Liquid Calories!
- “Avoid any empty calories – especially alcohol. Not only does drinking your calories take the place of calories that play a productive role in your diet, it also interferes with good sleep, dehydrates you and interrupts your body’s ability to metabolize other calories.”
Step Up Your Workout!
- “If you’re trying to look as trim as possible, interval training using multiple joint exercises is the most efficient way to use your training time. Make sure you’ve got 3-5 minute intervals of intense cardio in between your sets. This will help build muscle, and the more muscle you have, the less fat you’ll have. You’l’ have a leaner, tighter, more condensed body (read: you’ll take up less space in the universe). Basically, though, you will need to make sure that you’re burning at least 500 calories more per day than you’re taking in, if you want to lose weight.” – Marta Topran