EXCLUSIVE! Bethenny Frankel Talks About Picking Baby Names — 'It Better Be A Girl!'

Fri, February 12, 2010 10:20am EST by 15 Comments

02122010_FRI-POST_BETHENY_TVpersona_Jemal_59556436_Max

Even thought it’s fashion week, Real Housewives of NYC star Bethenny Frankel only has babies and books on the brain!

Bethenny confessed exclusively to HollywoodLife.com at the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Red Dress Collection at Bryant Park on Feb. 11, “It’s a good time in my life. My book [The Skinnygirl Dish] is on the New York Times bestseller list, I’m having a baby, I’m in love. I moved downtown … all the things I wanted are happening.”

Bethenny, we couldn’t be happier for you! And even though we are all dying to know what she is going to call her little one after she gives birth, Bethenny insists she hasn’t picked a name yet … and doesn’t even know the sex! “I have thought of baby names. Actually at my book signings they’re all women so I get a lot of good ideas … so it better be a girl! But I [haven’t chosen] anything official yet.”

The reality show sensations admits, “I don’t know that much about fashion or designers to I’m not going to pretend.”  But one thing she knows a lot about is romance!

Bethenny dished about her Valentine’s Day plans with fiance Jason Hoppy: “I’m going to Chicago for a book signing and for an event for Pepperidge farm but I’m going to take Jason out for a romantic dinner. I’m not going to cook because I’ll be in Chicago.  I don’t cook as much as people think!”  —Corynne Steindler & Katrina Mitzeliotis

rebecca

Posted at 1:29 PM on February 17, 2010

great article! bethenny is hands down the best reality star on television. she’s emotionally mature enough to speak her mind without compromising her privacy and intelligent enough to argue with her costars without sacrificing her integrity. i hope she keeps it up in the next season of real housewives. (and that her and jill make up in time for the reunion!)

Chantel

Posted at 12:55 PM on February 13, 2010

I think she should totally walk the runaway! Who says pregnant women can’t walk the catwalk! Pregnant women are just as beautiful as other “skinny” models if not more beautiful. They got life inside of the da*nIT!

Sadie

Posted at 11:34 AM on February 13, 2010

Ps: I’d also like to say for the record, after seeing your photos and using my 6th sense, you are going have a little girl!

Sadie

Posted at 11:31 AM on February 13, 2010

Awesome! Bethenny is proof before our eyes that with determination and hard work, your dreams can come true. She wanted it: the brand, the books, the career, the man and the baby. Be happy for her and maybe your own dreams will become reality.

Why, as women, do we claw each other down? I love seeing women achieve their goals. It’s really inspiring.

Congrats Bethenny and Jason!

From a girl in Philly chasing her own dreams!!

Jenn Tidwell

Posted at 9:38 PM on February 12, 2010

Bethenny,

I couldn’t be more excited for you and Jason…and of course the new little one to arrive. Best of luck with the whole ride and take care of you! Huge fan and aspiring personal chef/cook, Jenn

Sandy

Posted at 5:21 PM on February 12, 2010

Congrats Brit you look beutiful !!! my best wishes 4 u and ur baby
Im also pregnat and older like u and filling great!!!!!! to have my fisrt baby

Dont care abour foooolish people and comments hehehehe

Matty

Posted at 3:51 PM on February 12, 2010

Who cares? any why is a pregnant old woman walking the runway at a fashion show? She looks foolish.

getbacktowork

Posted at 4:43 PM on February 12, 2010

lol… agreed…

mary curran

Posted at 6:50 PM on February 12, 2010

WOW! That was mean, are you a miserable person?

mary

Posted at 8:11 PM on February 12, 2010

I agree wth you!!!!!!!!

mary

Posted at 8:12 PM on February 12, 2010

I mean I agree with Matty- Bethenny is a fake bitch

Jenn Tidwell

Posted at 9:39 PM on February 12, 2010

Ummmm….didn’t your mother teach you when you have nothing nice to say not to say anything at all…bet Bethenny will teach her bundle of joy MANNERS!

Melle

Posted at 3:23 PM on February 12, 2010

Bethenny is going to be an amazing mother! She totally deserves this baby and a happy life!!! :o)

getbacktowork

Posted at 2:52 PM on February 12, 2010

used to like her, but kinda over her… she’s a little too self-absorbed, but, guess that’s what it takes to make it in her world.

Rahiel

Posted at 1:52 PM on February 12, 2010

So happy for Bethenny! She works hard and deserves everything that is happening.