Kelly Clarkson Gains More Weight – But So What?

Thu, February 11, 2010 8:59pm EDT by 39 Comments
Getty Images, Splashnews.com

Getty Images, Splashnews.com

I know I’m about to hear an outcry against Kelly’s fuller-figure real soon. But can the fat jokes please stop? We should be applauding someone who’s happy with themselves just the way they are!

Confidence? Check. Happiness? Check. Wealth? Also, check. Kelly Clarkson seems to have it all – so why should she be attacked for her physical attributes when her self-image is so positive? Isn’t that exactly what America wants in an Idol?

Kelly, 27, kick-started her All I Ever Wanted tour in Liverpool, U.K. Feb. 10 showing off an even rounder figure than she’s displayed in recent years.

But guess what? The first ever American Idol winner is completely content with her fuller form.

“When people talk about my weight, I’m like ‘You seem to have a problem with it. I don’t. I’m fine!” she has said.

Like us, Kelly’s “happy weight” changes depending on her mood. Haven’t you ever packed on pounds because you’ve gone through a bad break-up, had a bad day at work or simply because that box of Crumbs cupcakes looked too good to resist? Yeah, so have I.

It annoys me that everyone thinks being as skinny as a Hollywood starlet is OK. It is NEVER OK to give up food. Why deny yourself something you love?

Life is all about moderation, people.

Kelly may have gained a few pounds recently, but here’s the thing: she still rocks.

And let me just say this: Kel definitely doesn’t seem to be upset that she’s carrying a little extra junk in the trunk. In fact, I think I hear her laughing…all the way to the bank.

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

shooter

Posted at 11:52 AM on January 31, 2012

This webpage has been put into my bookmarks. I can not wait to learn even more about this subject.

Tav168

Posted at 5:52 AM on July 3, 2011

I think Kelly is Beautiful even with the weight. I love her attitude and the only thing I have to say for those who ridicule her over her weight. You are the ones with self image issues.
If you are so unhappy with your own image that you put yourself through hell trying to obtain a look that you feel is acceptable then it does not matter what you look like people are still not going to see you as attractive. Confidence is attractive no matter what a persons weight is.

Cara

Posted at 2:58 AM on May 12, 2010

it’s still unhealthy to be overweight though. Too skinny is not a good thing, but too overweight is just as bad.

Lindsay

Posted at 11:15 AM on July 12, 2010

So, let’s just make her feel bad about herself? Yes, being overweight isn’t good, but there are many people who are completely healthy and just have the extra weight. The number on the scale shouldn’t be a factor.

Nobody can win. You are either criticized for being too skinny or being too fat.

mark

Posted at 11:32 AM on March 28, 2012

Kelly, I love you heavier. You look great with curves.