Victoria Beckham, Tommy Hilfiger, & Nicole Miller share their thoughts on Alexander McQueen’s death with HollywoodLife
On the first day of the Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week, no one was expecting such shocking news as the death of beloved designer, Alexander McQueen. A spokesman on McQueen’s site said – “we are devastated and are sharing a sense of shock and grief with Lee’s family.”
But celebrities and designers spoke exclusively to HollywoodLife.com about their emotions surrounding McQueen’s reported suicide.
- “McQueen was a master of fashion, creative genius and an inspiration. Today the fashion industry has lost a true great. An icon of all time. He made all he touched beautiful and will be desperately missed. My heart is very much with his family and friends at this very sad time.” —Victoria Beckham
- “Lee McQueen was a truly unique visionary in the world of fashion. A creator of beauty. What a tragedy. —Madonna
- “It is sad that someone so dearly loved, admired and respected would have been in pain and unhappy. Alexander McQueen was one of my favorite designers. I think his creativity and innovation gave fashion a lot of energy and excitement.” —Nicole Miller, Designer
- “He was a young genius who crossed between Couture and Punk Rock with
- “It is so sad that such a wonderful talent and a wonderful person ended his life way too early. He was a creative genius and fashion icon that I have fond memories of shooting his shows in Paris, and getting to know” —Jennifer Grey Lock, Photographer
- “We are heartbroken at The Style Council. It was quite a shock. Because we have so many british designers here, it makes it harder. He was a real hero to the brits.” —Joe Castaldo, Owner, The Style Council
- “His death is a sudden and trembling shock. His life was infinite moments of Art, Entertainment and Joy.” —Patricia Field, Stylist and Designer
We wish his family and friends all the best during this time of grief.
Get More On Alexander McQueen: