Sorry, HollywoodLifers — I Thought Ellen Was A Total Snooze On Her First Night On 'American Idol'

Wed, February 10, 2010 3:46pm EDT by 7 Comments

I’m normally a huge Ellen advocate, but she underwhelmed me on her first night as a permanent judge on American Idol. How did YOU feel about her new gig?

My mother — aka http://www.EllenDegeneresBiggestFan.com — is probably going to disown me after she hears this, but I thought Ellen was a total snooze on her first night as a permanent judge on American Idol.

I’m used to seeing Ellen the Comedian and Ellen the Dancer — someone who’s outgoing, entertaining and hysterical — so Ellen the Judge seemed downright…dull. Sure, she did exactly what she was supposed to do; there wasn’t anything WRONG with her performance. But secretly I was hoping she might do something totally off the wall and out of the box.

And she didn’t.

Just like any change in life (ie: the new Facebook layout), it’ll take me a second to get used to the different Idol. I just hope Ellen spices it up a little more the rest of the season.

What did YOU think of Ellen’s first night? So good or no good?

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Get More On American Idol:

1. Watch Ellen’s First Night On American Idol
  2. Simon Cowell To Be Replaced By Howard Stern?
  3. Carrie Underwood: I Could Never Be A Diva

tellmemore

Posted at 1:07 PM on February 11, 2010

I definitely miss Paula! I’m a big Ellen fan so I’m not ready to say ‘no good’ yet. I agree with ‘britneyb’- I was also worried Ellen might be too goofy. Fingers crossed that she will be ‘so good’ in future eps.

northernexposure

Posted at 12:32 PM on February 11, 2010

It will be interesting to see if she stays so serious or if as she gets more comfortable, infuses more of her comedic personality into her comments. Like you, I love Ellen!

joe2

Posted at 11:46 AM on February 11, 2010

I missed the first night with Ellen judging, but saw it last night. I didn’t think they gave her much air time – or any of the other judges for that matter, so the jury is still out for me.

thenextobamagirl

Posted at 9:38 PM on February 10, 2010

I totally agree about Ellen being boring. I was soooo revved up about her being on the show but last night actually made me missed the darling, over-medicated Paula! She has to get better, right?

momoftwogirls

Posted at 5:46 PM on February 10, 2010

She could read the phone book on television and I would still watch her. I think your mom and I would get along!

imbritneyb

Posted at 5:45 PM on February 10, 2010

I know its all for network television but the judges are not just there to make us laugh! I was actually worried that Ellen would be too goofy and take the show on a different track. Its nice to know she is taking her new position seriously!

But, yeaaaah I suppose she could loosen up a bit…

angelfire

Posted at 5:11 PM on February 10, 2010

Kirstin, I can’t help but wonder about this, but I’ve noticed there are lots of cuts in your videos. Any reason for this…do you like bust out laughing in the middle of your rants or something :/