Carrie Underwood Insists To Cosmo: 'I Could Never Be A Diva!'

Thu, February 4, 2010 2:57pm EST by 11 Comments

020410_underwood_Cosmo_March-2010

Carrie Underwood talks Mike Fisher, diva celebs, and why she’ll never be Carrie Underpants!

Carrie Underwood went from unknown to superstar overnight after her big win on American Idol. But Carrie insists to Cosmopolitan magazine, “An Oklahoma girl like me wouldn’t even know how to be a diva. I’m just a person who has a cool job. I love to be at home. I rarely go to clubs … and I always wear underwear! I just know I’d fall down, and that’s not for everyone to see.”

Thanks, Carrie — we appreciate that!

Carrie, who is featured in Cosmo‘s March issue, also opened up to the mag about her relationship with her fiance Mike Fisher. “He provided a lot of inspiration for songs, whether it was something he said or just by being supportive,” she gushed.

Bill

Posted at 10:57 AM on June 7, 2010

David, why don’t you give some details and names to give your false claims some credibility… Anyone can write an anonymous accusation like you did but it doesn’t make it believable just because you lie about working for a “Nashville Artist”, what a joke… If David really watched Carrie acting like a “B” as he claimed, you can bet he would have posted the video on Youtube… Don’t tell me that a man that works with Celebrities and is constantly around them doesn’t carry a cell phone or camera that takes movies… David’s probably just a jealous Taylor fan… : )

Mikayla

Posted at 1:24 PM on May 28, 2010

i love carrie she is amazing

David

Posted at 8:21 AM on May 6, 2010

Carrie,….surely you aren’t serious ? I have seen you act like a “TOTAL DIVA” with my own two eye’s. I happen to work for another Nashville artist that we’ll just call “Shorty”. At any rate, we were on an outdoor festival stage on the same day as you, and “ALL” anyone there could talk about was how difficult to work with you had been prior to your arrival. Then when you and your personal touring staff did arrive,I saw that everything they were saying was “CORRECT”.
The fact that 4 tour bus’s had to be moved, so that poor little Carrie “The DIVA” didn’t have to be seen by any of the other touring artist’s or their staff,….simply made most of us “SICK”. If there is one thing I’ve learned in my 30 plus years of touring,…with many, many “A-LIST” artist’s ,…it’s that everyone you pass on the way up the ladder, you will also pass again on your way back “DOWN”.
Some friendly advice Carrie,….STOP being a “B_ _ _H” to everyone ,and treating people like they are beneath you.
If American Idol knew you were acting like such a “DIVA”, they’d ask you for their title back. Thats NOT what being an “IDOL” is all about. Get “OFF” your high horse….and back down to earth where you belong,…and to think I was all for you winning all the awards you’ve won,…until I saw you act like a “FOOL”. Karma,will come back on ya’ …
Good luck,…….D.S.Keys

countryfan4evahhh

Posted at 9:11 PM on May 28, 2010

LMAO STUPID KELLY FANS WHY ARE U EVEN READING AN ARTICLE ABOUT HER? LMAO..KELLY IS TOO FAT TO BE ON COSMO..LMAO

Bill

Posted at 11:00 AM on June 7, 2010

David, if you really watched Carrie acting like a “B” as you claim, you can bet it would have been posted on Youtube… Don’t tell me that a man that works with Celebrities and is constantly around them doesn’t carry a cell phone or camera that takes movies… Just rantings from a jealous Taylor fan… : )

guest

Posted at 9:28 AM on April 19, 2010

Underwood IS ALREADY A DIVA, BIATCH. Just watched this entertainer of the year award on TV just now and, first of all, why did she bring her purse to the stage – weird. Secondly, and most notable, is she didn’t even hug Reba Macentire. I mean, come on? I’m not even a country music fan – I’m more into alternative. But, isn’t Reba one of the mother’s of country music in recent past? Carrie seems to be doing this most of the time, at every instance I see her on media. Don’t give me that she is super excited. I think there’s certain etiquette when you get an award. I really like Kelly Clarkson better. She is really very humble, personable and down right down to earth! Go Kelly!

Bill

Posted at 11:21 AM on June 7, 2010

Your post is clearly just bias hatred toward Carrie. You said, “most notable, is she didn’t even hug Reba Macentire.” NOOOOOO, most notable was that she didn’t hug her OWN MOTHER… So what, wouldn’t this just show that she was super nervous and excited or do you also believe that Carrie hates her own mother??? You say that excitement don’t play a part in how these singers react, they are human aren’t they and how the heck would you even know??? First, win the highest award at the ACMs, EOTY back to back becoming the first woman in Country Music history to do so, and then you tell me that you weren’t nervous after your name was called, you’d probably wet your pants just before passing out cold… You are obviously just looking for ANYTHING by which you can smear Carrie’s good name, what does this say about you and your character???

a2zfgi

Posted at 10:53 PM on March 13, 2010

Carrie Underwood is a first class act. I voted for her on Idol and now that she is out there performing, winning awards she will keep her Oklahoma roots in tack. I agree that she could never be a diva. When it comes to Underwood, she is over the top!!!!!! The Best!!!!!! I could never see her like Brittney, Lindsay or that absolutely nothing Paris Hilton.

getbacktowork

Posted at 7:18 PM on February 23, 2010

i agree this pose is foolish, outfit, hair, etc. some publicist clearly thought she needed to get a more racy reputation, but i’m sure we never need to worry about her being anything other than carie… marknyc, i have no idea wtf you are saying, but kinky is not a word i would ever attribute to carie… angie, carrie doesn’t need to be brought back- she never left. it’s just a stupid pose conjured up by some publicist and photog.

Angie Brown

Posted at 8:43 PM on February 18, 2010

Didn’t like Carrie’s picture on Cosmo. Everything we love about her was not represented by that photo. Would hate to see her follow the same path as Brittney. Carrie seems so much better then that!! Bring back the girl next door!!!

marknyc

Posted at 3:56 PM on February 4, 2010

judging by that S pose on that cover she can handle everything and more.
smart with that little bit of kinkiness : great mix but it shows that’s not her stuff, publicists made her so.
she doesn’t know what she’s doing.