Nick Jonas's Chastity Belt Is On AND In Plain View!

Tue, February 2, 2010 7:47pm EDT by 9 Comments

020210_nick_jonas_purity_ring_spl154526_003

No chance that anyone will be steering him off his purity vow!

Good luck ladies, no one is getting in this Jonas Brothers pants! Nick Jonas is wearing his purity ring once again but this time it’s around his neck! If he hasn’t already made his point clear about his virginity and his promise to stay ‘pure’ he definitely is making the statement clear now. Why is it necessary to broadcast your promise to be celibate until marriage? Britney Spears said it, but didn’t do it! Jessica Simpson said it, did it, but her marriage to Nick Lachey STILL ended in divorce!
Has it really helped anyone’s career or relationships by making this personal decision public?! Is it really going to make you wait if you wear the ‘proven’ ring? I mean really? This isn’t Lord of the Ring– just because you wear a ring it doesn’t mean it has special powers. Either way, we aren’t saying it isn’t great to wait, but for Nick’s sake we hope he gets married soon! – Jennifer Murray

To Get More On The Jonas Brothers:

1. Is Nick Jonas the New Justin Timberlake?
  2. HollyWho-Knew? The Jonas Brother’s Are Down With The ‘Jersey Shore’ Crew!
  3. HollyWho-Knew? Hilary Duff & The Jonas Brothers’ Parents Are Neighbors!

Jordan

Posted at 5:33 PM on August 14, 2012

Congratulations! Congratulations Nick! I love you soooo much! And we will be together someday! And I will someday carry your baby!

MEghan

Posted at 5:29 PM on August 14, 2012

I proved my sister wrong! Nick is a Christian, still, and always will, be a Christian. I’m proud of you Nick. Proud. God’s also happy too. :)

Jaden

Posted at 12:45 PM on May 2, 2012

I think it’s amazing that Nick is waiting for marriage. And I don’t think he’s looking for attention. He is a very high man of God & I think if he wants to wear the ring good for him if he doesn’t good for him too. I’ll support him no matter what he decides to do.

Melissa

Posted at 11:44 PM on July 18, 2011

*-*

Aly

Posted at 12:54 AM on February 15, 2010

Many people everywhere wear promise rings. All of the jonas brothers wore their rings bfore they became famous. Nick doesn’t wear it to get attention. It’s just a reminder of the personal decision he made. He didn’t make a “public announcement” you are by posting this unnescessary article. Nick is allowed to do what he wants reguarding staying pure. I respect his decision.

chels

Posted at 5:41 PM on February 10, 2010

i think sex would suck if your partner doesn’t want to learn how to satisfy you. In my case, he does, and we are open about it, he tells me what he likes too. If we had jumped from bed to bed with different partners we would’ve had so much stuff in our minds, probably would’ve compared the others to each other’s “abilities”, but i’m glad we waited, so we started fresh, and for me practice has made perfection… and “he cuts it when we get dancing under the sheets”, haha you made me laugh with that line…

salsa mambo

Posted at 11:24 PM on February 4, 2010

Great Article Jennifer!!!! You rock!….I totally agree with you. I mean, aren’t you supposed to dip your feet in the water before you jump in? Come on Chels, what if your man doesn’t cut it when you guys get to dancing under the sheets? Well I guess that is why GOD invented Sex toys. Everyone needs to be pleasured. Its good for the mind and the body. Keep rockin Ms. Murray!!

JAB

Posted at 9:07 PM on February 3, 2010

I never understood why it matters if you have sexual contact before you get married. What if you have sex for the first time after you are married and it sucks? Some things you can’t fix. I also don’t understand why you have to advertise the fact that you are remaining celibate. I guess for the attention.

chels

Posted at 10:00 AM on February 3, 2010

i don’t know if he’s trying to broadcast his vow or not. Some people make a commitment to celibacy and don’t wear a ring. Others like him might need the “reminder” in a more physical way and not necessarily to show it around.
Britney and Jessica’s cases are pretty sad, but have you researched other people that have had success by taking this vow?
I know so many people that stayed true to their convictions on not having sexual contact before marriage, guys and girls, and 90% of them are living meaningful and happy lives, and have found love and steady relationships.
I can tell you from experience, it worked for me. I think when you have sexual contact with a partner, it really links you in more ways than a physical level, it’s harder to think straight. I was the first woman for my husband and he was my first. Was there sexual tension while we were going together? absolutely! but we developed a friendship first, writing each other, spending time together, getting to know, really know each other, and just enjoying our time, falling in love. I was 19 and he was 20 when we got married. It’s been nine years and we’re very happy together. The main thing that pulled us together and made this all possible was our relationship with God, without him it would have been a very bumpy road, but when you have that kind of help, we can be unselfish, understanding and when 2 people work that way, a marriage is wonderful!
The ring doesn’t have special powers like you sarcastically said =) , it’s God’s power in you that makes it possible, and if they want to wear a ring then fine, and if not, great too…