Details of disgraced senator John Edwards‘ affair with Rielle Hunter are all coming to light in a new book by Edwards aide Andrew Young. In “The Politician,” Young revels how the senator began cheating on his cancer-stricken wife, Elizabeth Edwards, with Rielle in 2006, at the start his presidential campaign.
The sordid details include Rielle getting pregnant, Edwards begging Young to say he was the father, and even a sex tape. Check out the shudder-worthy details from The Daily News, which obtained a copy of the book.
- Edwards asked Young to publicly say he was the father of Rielle’s child. Young says “he went along with the paternity scheme out of a cultish loyalty to the candidate – and because he believed Edwards would save his career even as Elizabeth Edwards trashed him.”
- Edwards brought Rielle to the home in North Carolina he shared with Elizabeth, and the two “made love” after he took his kids to school. Rielle also stayed with Edwards in New Orleans, and afterwards, she told Young she felt “just like his First Lady.”
- Young once found a “mangled videotape” which he repaired, and watched. Young claims it was “footage of Edwards and a pregnant woman he believed to be Hunter, right in the middle of a sexual encounter.”
- Rielle called him “Love Lips.”
- She thought that her daughter was “the reincarnated spirit of a Buddhist monk who would rescue the world.” Edwards wanted her to have an abortion.
- Hunter agreed to the story that Andrew Young was the father of the baby, in exchange for “disappearing into a life of luxury on cash provided by an Edwards friend.”
- After the baby girl was born in 2007, Edwards saw the baby, but sill insisted Young claim paternity, but Young eventually refused to continue the cover-up, sending Edwards into a “free fall.
Read More On HollywoodLife.com: