A French Manicure AND Acrylic Nails, Are You Trying To Give Me A Heart Attack Britney?

Wed, January 27, 2010 12:24pm EST by 9 Comments

Why, Britney, why must you negate all your positive steps forward by making a serious nail blunder?

I love Britney Spears. There, I said it. So much so that I braved the swarms of screaming teens to see her rock the stage at Madison Square Garden this summer so it pains me to write this. But, I think by now you all know my stance on acrylic nails: Just say no! Unfortunately, Britney said yes on Jan. 26. Now, I must fill you in on another one of my pet peeves – French manicures. I’ll admit, I used to get them back in the 90′s when Britney was first on the scene for proms or special occasions. But, I’ve learned from my transgressions. There is nothing French or chic about them! Now, combine a bright white tip with a super long acrylic and you’ve got a combination for a bad beauty blunder. Britney, we begged Khloe Kardashian to ditch her acrylics and she listened! Now, I implore you to get rid of the acrylics and find a new color. If you’re looking for a neutral, you can never go wrong with a light pink on short nails, or go for something more fun like a dark green or purple. Whatever you do, please, Britney, don’t make us write another story about you ‘oops, doing it again’! - Marta Topran

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Erika

Posted at 10:15 PM on February 2, 2011

You people are nuts. I think acrylic make life easier. I agree they are a little dated in this picture but shorter is fine. Not everyone can get a mani every 4 days and polish barely lasts that long and acrylic last 2 weeks. I would take an acrylic polished nail over an unmanicured or chipped natural nail ANY DAY! P.S. Khloe still wears fake. I’m sure if she took them off for a while it had nothing to do with you telling her to!

Josie

Posted at 3:13 PM on January 29, 2010

There’s nothing wrong with those nails. Yeah, if they’re too long, that’s looking tacky in the face, but honestly, I’d prefer that to bloody bitten nails.

Someone like Brit can afford the more expensive more natural look, but I love a good subtle french manicure.

Your opinion is more like an accusation, and it is vast and sweeping – making you look like someone who doesn’t understand the subtleties available – just because Brit’s are long and super white, doesn’t mean you have to condemn them altogether.

getbacktowork

Posted at 1:16 PM on January 28, 2010

who cares about her nails. she’s from lousiana, for crying out loud, let the nails slip for a southern belle. that said, i am more disturbed about the hair and skin…

beth122

Posted at 4:44 PM on January 27, 2010

these nails are tragic!

lindsey

Posted at 4:33 PM on January 27, 2010

well, correction, now u know i use acrylic. u are in on my little secret :)

lindsey

Posted at 4:31 PM on January 27, 2010

Beauty Editor — may i bother you with a question for a second? I actually have acrylic on top of my natural nails to keep me from biting them. I have tried everything in the book to help me break this habit from manicures to the bad tasting polish. I know that acrylics are unhealthy, but how else can i break this habit?

I do not use tips with my acrylic tho and no one knows that i have the gel on top of my nails. Is this ok for appearance sake?

Katrina

Posted at 3:07 PM on January 27, 2010

HAHAHA I couldn’t agree more! Britney is great…her nails, not so much!

JAB