Guess what? Dakota deals with insecurities — just like us!
If you think being a major movie star means you’re comfortable with your own identity, think again! HollywoodLife.com chatted with Dakota Fanning, 15, at the Jan. 24 premiere of The Runaways in Park City, Utah, and she told us she relates to her character, Cherie Curie, through shared insecurities. “There are a lot of things that she’s been going through that I may never go through,” she said. “But I can understand being 15 and not knowing who are you while in the middle of being in the scene.”
Dakota told us she was inspired by Joan Jett and Cherie’s lives and careers, as they paved the way for other outspoken female artists. “Growing up as a girl now you can do whatever you want,” she said. “That was a time when that was not OK and girls being in a rock & roll band was not the norm. Learning about that struggle was really interesting.”
And of course we asked her about working with her co-star, Kristen Stewart! Dakota said she and Kristen, 19, got really close while shooting the movie last summer. “We just had so much fun on set,” Dakota gushed. “It was like spending the summer with your friends, hanging out — except on camera!”
Oh, and in case you’re wondering about Dakota’s future as a singer — sorry to disappoint! Dakota said she enjoyed it in the movie, but has no plans to get in the studio herself.
Get More on The Runaways:
- EXCLUSIVE! Dakota Fanning: I’m Still Figuring Myself Out!
- EXCLUSIVE! Joan Jett Tells Us Kristen Stewart Is ‘Down To Earth, Authentic & Warm!’
- EXCLUSIVE! Kristen Stewart Liked Filming ‘The Runaways’ Because It Gave Her A Break From The ‘Twilight’ World!
- We Called It! Kristen Stewart & Dakota Fanning Joined Joan Jett On Stage Last Night!
- Kristen Stewart Lands in Park City, Utah to Tear Up the Sundance Film Festival!
- Will Kristen Stewart Turn Up at Pal Joan Jett’s Sundance Film Festival Show This Saturday?
- FIRST LOOK: Are You Ready For Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning’s Girl-on-Girl Action in ‘The Runaways?’
- ‘The Runaways’ Trailer Is Here! Krist