The NBC late night drama may finally be coming to an end.
NBC sources say Conan O’Brien has reached a $40 million agreement with the network in which he would leave The Tonight Show and be allowed to host a new show on another network within a year, The Wall Street Journal is reporting. “We were not surprised that Conan was disappointed in having his show back up a half hour,” NBC president Jeff Zucker tells the Journal. “But we were very surprised and disappointed at how nasty it turned.” On his Jan. 18 show, Conan said he wasn’t allowed to speak badly about the “incompetent morons” at NBC — but that didn’t stop him from singing about it!
Get More on Jay & Conan:
- Hollywood Is Team Conan! And So Is HollywoodLife.com!!
- NBC’s Shocking Decision! Reports Say Jay Leno Pushes Out Conan O’Brien & Takes Back ‘The Tonight Show!’
- Leno VS Conan — It’s A Late Night War Of Words! Who Do You Think Is Winning?
- Conan Throws Down the Gauntlet: If You Move Me to 12:05, I’m Outta Here!
- Jay Leno, Conan O’Brien, Jimmy Fallon — You Made Great Comedy Last Night Out of NBC’s Errors!