Angelina Jolie Takes Shiloh Grocery Shopping — And Dresses Her Like A Boy Again!

Sun, January 17, 2010 10:50am EDT by 19 Comments

01172010_SUNPIX_POST_SHILOH_BOY_GEVA011610A_08

How do you feel about Shiloh’s ongoing boyish wardrobe?

Angelina Jolie had a little girls days out Jan. 15 at Whole Foods in Sherman Oaks, Calif., with daughters Zahara, 5, Shiloh, 3 — but you’d think it was a little boys day out judging by Shiloh’s ensemble! Angelina, how can you dress so fashionably yourself, and then put your daughter in drag? Not to mention, we’re not sure sure it’s even safe for Shiloh to be wearing a tie. Unless it’s a clip-on, you’re taking a pretty big risk — you should never put anything around a child’s neck that could potentially choke them! Bonnie already addressed the issue herself, but we urge you again Angie — please stop dressing Shiloh like a little boy!

While Angie took the girls out for some grocery shopping and questionable fashion decisions, dad Brad Pitt and Maddox Jolie-Pitt, 8, had a boys day out in Louisiana. They headed for the Louisiana Superdome where they caught the New Orleans Saints’ playoff game against the Arizona Cardinals.

Get More on Shiloh Jolie-Pitt:

f

Posted at 1:03 AM on September 18, 2011

this is so wrong, please says something coherent, we are contributing to damage the internal image of a girl, when it should be cared for. Brad and Angelina should go to a psychologist to see what is happening, not because they are seen as men but to cut her hair, encouraging this, and Angelina had to show a very troubled with this girl, Shiloh blow it calls the attention of her mother. When a teenager to dress and choose the pair you want, while you have to take care

eli

Posted at 5:05 PM on April 29, 2010

I Think that those who are fast to judge this family need to stop and take a hard look at your own first. A child wants to dress how a childs wants. If it isn’t to much i.e. meaning like a hooker then let the child have some freedom to make up there own mind. If you have never dressed in jeans or a t-shirt and you are a woman try it. Then come on here and leave a message. What I am saying is leave those alone. You are not God you can’t judge one unless you are. So think first before you try to hurt others with words.

Guestforparenting

Posted at 11:05 AM on April 8, 2010

I’m a grandmother of 3 the youngest is a 3 yr.old girl…I just think it’s sad that a pretty little girl is not dressed to show that off. Your not stiffling their creativity by making choices for them even in there dress, you just give them two choices of outfits and they will choose one no questions asked… I just think Angelina and Brad are eccentrics but that’s their right, I think sometimes and I mean sometimes fame and fortune make you that way.

cathee

Posted at 4:10 PM on March 7, 2010

uh yeah, i think it’s weird to dress your kid like this. But then Angelina Jolie is kind of weird. So maybe it makes sense.

007

Posted at 2:27 AM on March 5, 2010

I agree with you, something’s not right there.
Have you seen that cruel sadistic haircut on Shiloh??
and did they darken her hair? wtf.. well, Brad’s hiding his balls in his beard so I guess Shiloh’s transformation into a boy will be complete soon. So sad.

GuestA

Posted at 12:04 PM on February 16, 2010

You can check out the discussion board below and join your points to help Shiloh.

kali82

Posted at 12:17 PM on January 27, 2010

also, as you see my daughter has long curly hair, which she wears in a pony tail most of the time, but last time she wore it down we were going into walmart & she said “IM GONNA TAKE MY JACKET OFF SO PEOPLE CAN SEE MY HAIR IS PRETTY” doesnt sound like something chasity bono would do … let this little girl be…

matter of fact, perhaps you should take notes on how to be brave enough to embrace what you like, go against the grain, and not give 2 f*cks what anyone else thinks about it …..

kali82

Posted at 11:46 AM on January 27, 2010

Also, my daughters father does have a sister that is gay, and is the kind that dresses like a man, keeps a mans hair cut, etc. Who knows maybe that is whats going on, maybe not. Either way making her be something shes not, or subconsciously teaching her that her that she is not normal or acceptable is NOT the way to go.

kali82

Posted at 11:42 AM on January 27, 2010

MY DAUGHTER DRESSES JUST LIKE THIS!! I try to keep her more middle of the road (jeans & tshirts) for school, but she would be IN HEAVEN if i let her wear ties, she makes me put my scarfs on her & make them look as tie like as possible. My daughter is a girl THAT KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT SHE LIKES, and there is NO convincing her otherwise, id guess Shiloh is the same way. Shes just a tomboy, my daughters 5th birthday party theme was spiderman, BUT shes girly in other ways. A friend of my moms pointed out that BOYS dont go through closets looking for clothes like this, and boys dont take so much care or pleasure in dressing the way they like. Shes not gender confused, she just knows what she likes, and is not scared to go against the grain, which is more than most of us can say. let her, be her.

jessiew1

Posted at 7:49 AM on January 26, 2010

“We urge you again Angie—-please stop dressing little Shiloe like a boy!” Excuse me, but who the heck are you to urge ANYONE how to dress their kid? Obviously it is Shiloe’s choice to dress like a boy, just look at Zahara, she is dressed femininely, and I’d be willing to bet that the radically different choices of clothing are the childrens’ choices. What is MOST important here is that these children are A)with their mother, and B)SMILING and happy! WE urge YOU to stop passing judgement on little kids and THEIR choice of apparel, you blockheads.

surfergirl125

Posted at 8:17 PM on January 24, 2010

Oh, and bar…please…just because the child dresses like a boy does not mean she will grow up to be like anything…she’s a child who is experimenting with what she likes. Get over it.

surfergirl125

Posted at 8:16 PM on January 24, 2010

I think it’s absolutely ridiculous that people care how Angelina and Brad dress their children. It doesn’t matter. Maybe Shiloh feels comfortable in those clothes. The way she dresses has nothing to do with her identity. There are plenty of women who dressed girly and ended up gay/bisexual. I think the media needs to find something better to talk about and stop worrying what a 3 year old wears. I think it’s great! I think people are so caught up in gender roles and fitting in that they have forgotten about individuality and being yourself. Just because the girl’s only 3 doesn’t mean she doesn’t have an idea of what she wants.

I think snuffy8370 and lovesugar are right on point, let the child be!

And Rae, you are just jealous that they can be so open and free. It takes a lot to be who you are and not so much to blend in! AND if you read at all, he’s growing the beard out for a movie role because he despises wearing fake ones! Grow up.

bar

Posted at 10:26 PM on January 20, 2010

the kid may be another Chasity Bono……….who knows??? but the signs are showing

LoveSugar

Posted at 12:25 PM on January 20, 2010

My daughter wears boy clothes… there is nothing wrong with it. She’s going to be one sexy tomboy when she gets older! Shiloh is expressing herself and that’s it. The more you force kids to wear what you think they should, the more they will hide from you in the future. Let it go.

snuffy8370

Posted at 9:15 AM on January 18, 2010

Three years old is SO YOUNG. She’s going to go through 100 different phases by the time she hits puberty. But even if she is a lesbian or transgendered–I don’t know what the big deal is. So what? A. neither is a “gender disorder”–being gay or trans isn’t a “disorder,” and B. at least she has parents sensitive enough to let her be who she is. I think it’s a good thing.

Also–a tie isn’t going to choke her anymore than a necklace is. Lots of three-year-olds wear necklaces.

T.I.

Posted at 2:47 AM on January 18, 2010

Bonnie it’s ridiculous that you think it’s ok to pick on an innocent 3 year old. Stop being so crabby.

DivaQueen

Posted at 4:32 PM on January 17, 2010

This isn’t news. Hollywood Life–get over it.

Rae

Posted at 2:52 PM on January 17, 2010

i don’t care. she’s a freak and so is her husband. what is up with that stupid beard he’s growing???

BumbleBee

Posted at 12:31 PM on January 17, 2010

I don’t have a problem with little girls dressing that way. Although I must say, I don’t get the whole tie thing. That’s just ridiculous. I can see her growing out of this phase in two years.