Do you agree with NBC’s reported decision to axe Conan?
Conan O’Brien has reached a deal with NBC and the announcement is expected to be made today, according to TMZ. The report claims Conan will be paid a huge sum of money to leave NBC, and Jay Leno will reclaim “The Tonight Show” weeknights at 11:35 p.m. TMZ says Conan’s lawyers have a draft of the agreement and they spent much of last night making sure everything was in order. Can you believe they’re really going through with this?
TMZ also reports that the agreement prohibits Conan from bad-talking NBC in the future. If he does, he will have to pay NBC a predetermined (but unfortunately unknown) amount of money. And if he decides to sign on to host a show on another network, the amount the new network pays him will be deducted from the amount NBC is paying him to leave. As TMZ puts it: “Conan won’t be taking NBC to the cleaners.”
Get More on Jay & Conan:
- Hollywood Is Team Conan! And So Is HollywoodLife.com!!
- NBC’s Shocking Decision! Reports Say Jay Leno Pushes Out Conan O’Brien & Takes Back ‘The Tonight Show!’
- Leno VS Conan — It’s A Late Night War Of Words! Who Do You Think Is Winning?
- Conan Throws Down the Gauntlet: If You Move Me to 12:05, I’m Outta Here!
- Jay Leno, Conan O’Brien, Jimmy Fallon — You Made Great Comedy Last Night Out of NBC’s Errors!