PART III: Thanks to the Kardashian Sisters, I've Lost Three Pounds!

Fri, January 15, 2010 10:35am EDT by 15 Comments
PART III: Thanks to the Kardashian Sisters, I've Lost Three Pounds!

This was just the boost I needed in my diet process – results! QuickTrim has actually been working for me! Seriously, take a look…

As you probably know by now, I’m determined to shed the extra pounds I packed on over Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and every day in between. To help in the slenderizing process, I’ve enlisted the help of Kim and Khloe Kardashian and their favorite diet supplement, QuickTrim. Here’s my report for the beginning of my second and final week on Quick Trim’s Burn & Cleanse program.

Day 8

5:47 a.m. Why God, why?? Don’t. Do. Mornings.

8:47 a.m. Back at work today, which also means a LOT of sitting. (I seriously need to look up desk exercises or something. Ideas, anyone?) Diet is going well today. I’m staying on track calorie-wise.

7:49 p.m. Having din-din at Aroma in the Valley. I’m pretty proud of my selection: grilled chicken with lettuce and veggies. Dressing on the side. (It was a hot debate—healthy tuna melt with curly fries, but then I remembered what Kim said about eating healthy—ie do it.) Also, this restaurant has an INCREDIBLE bakery. Channeling the superhuman within me, I say no. How impressive is that???

Day 9

8:30 a.m. Free cereal is always on hand in the office, so I have my usual tasty breakfast of Shredded Wheat. Yesterday I spoke to a dietician for a weight loss story for my site, HollywoodLife.com, and she told me I should start eating Greek yogurt in the mornings because it has more protein. According to Kim, her secret to dropping a size was “a low calorie, high-protein diet that includes things like a banana and peanut butter protein smoothies, simple light salads and grilled chicken and fish.” So I’m going to listen to both Kim AND the dietician. Get me to a grocery store ASAP.

9:17 a.m. Today I brought a pitcher to the office today so I can fill up at the water cooler without walking back and forth every 30 minutes. Yeah, I’m lazy like that.

2:22 p.m. Everyone in the office is getting frustrated that I keep draining the cooler. LOL. It’s a lot of work to refill that beast. Requires heavy lifting. I don’t do lifting. Some would call me a princess. I have nothing to say in retaliation.

Day 10

5:45 a.m. Boom-shakka-lakka. Down another pound, which makes me three pounds lighter in 10 days. Cue The Proclaimers. “I’m on my way from misery to happiness to be. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh.”

3:00 p.m. I have a tuna pouch for lunch because we have so much going on … there’s not enough time for anything else today. It’s times like this, I’m pleased with QuickTrim. Normally, I’d be h-u-n-g-r-y. Not today! Today I can eat my tuna pouch happily.

12:36 a.m. My friend spoon-fed me a bite (or two) of fat-free chocolate Slow Churned ice cream. Shhhh … don’t tell the diet gods. I don’t regret it, because no one else will know. Right?

I’m down to the final four days! Anyone want to bet on how much I’ll lose by the end of two weeks?

How is your New Year’s weight loss resolution going?

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Get more on QuickTrim:

1. Kirstin & The Kardashians: A QuickTrim Journey!
  2. Bow-Chicka-Bow-Bow: Kim & Khloe Sex It Up For QuickTrim
  3. Kim Kardashian, How Do You Manage Your Busy Life Without An Assistant?

jennabella

Posted at 4:51 PM on January 26, 2010

This video is a riot! I am looking forward to seeing your final results!! Let us know what you liked and what you didnt like about being on QuickTrim… I think I might start soon :)

tellmemore

Posted at 12:54 PM on January 21, 2010

How is the progress going, Kirstin? I love your posts and videos. When do we get an update?

truefreedom

Posted at 11:42 AM on January 16, 2010

This response may come as a shock because it basically contradicts everything our weight obsessed society believes. I don’t think anyone should care what they weigh and in fact, I advocate never weighing yourself. Your body (and mind) knows when it’s feeling a healthy weight and when it needs to shed some pounds in order to improve health.

If you are eating foods you love only when you are hungry and stopping when you are full and having a fun, full, active life, that is the best way to maintain a healthy body weight and a healthy, fulfilling life, period. If you do this, you will never ever ever have to obsess about your weight or dieting (even if your friends are using crazy supplements, weighing themselves and are counting calories, fat grams, carbs or whatever!) Your body will shrink down to its natural size by doing this and you will save yourself years of frustration of focusing on your weight.

I wish I had learned about intuitive eating a long time ago so I could have spent my energy on living a good life instead of finding the next diet to try out while becoming obsessed with what I weigh. True freedom from all this diet chatter is so much better!

BumbleBee

Posted at 7:04 PM on January 15, 2010

Pet chicken? You are hands down the most interesting person on Earth.

rubytuesday

Posted at 4:58 PM on January 15, 2010

I’ve also tried diets that involved drinking tons of water and I couldn’t keep it up because I was rushing to the bathroom every five minutes! Way to stay strong!

lkgarcia

Posted at 3:46 PM on January 15, 2010

you are hilarious! as far as desk exercises go, (and this is without doing any research) the only one i’ve ever heard is when monica made chandler do butt-clenches in his chair at work on friends- don’t know what good that will do, but try it! good luck!!

Kirstin Benson

Posted at 2:56 PM on January 15, 2010

xoxocardinal—for the most part i think the biggest ingredients in QT are caffeine and the probiotics … it’s not FDA-approved but like I said before, my doc seems to think it’s just fine.

Katrina

Posted at 2:04 PM on January 15, 2010

Kirstin I love reading these, I can read about what you eat all day!! haha

xoxocardinal

Posted at 1:36 PM on January 15, 2010

this is awesome! good for you kirstin. i think that i’m going to give quicktrim a try. as long as there are no damaging chemicals or unhealthy side effects, to me it doesn’t really matter if it’s a placebo or not. you’re still losing weight, right??

thenextobamagirl

Posted at 1:35 PM on January 15, 2010

Been following since the first post but this is by far the best one!

shakeyourpeaches

Posted at 1:29 PM on January 15, 2010

i bed she makes it to five by the end of the week! even if she does sneak a few bites of ice cream ;)

thanks for the update kirstin! keep em comin’

imbritneyb

Posted at 1:27 PM on January 15, 2010

O. M. G. THIS IS HILARIOUS! What a great way show how much weight you’ve lost! And where did that chicken come from??

tellmemore

Posted at 12:46 PM on January 15, 2010

You crack me up! This weight loss plan seems to be working and at a good/healthy pace. When you film your next video are you going to share the results (like in your office video)? This has been fun to follow!!

MTHollywoodlife

Posted at 12:26 PM on January 15, 2010

Kirstin, you’re SO kooky! I love it. Where the heck are there chickens in LA?? Congrats with the diet. Happy to see you’re staying hydrated. Flush those toxins (aka Quick Trim) out!

northernexposure

Posted at 11:21 AM on January 15, 2010

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to seeing and hearing about the end result! (I’m guessing 5 lbs)