PART II: The Kardashians Are My Diet Coaches — And They’ve Helped Me to Lose Two Pounds in a Week!

Tue, January 12, 2010 1:21pm EDT by 13 Comments

Are you wondering if QuickTrim is really a good way to drop extra pounds? Let me tell you about my first week test-driving the program.

I told you guys all about this before, but I’m trying QuickTrim’s two week Burn & Cleanse diet program to try and drop the extra poundage I packed on over the holidays. After seven days, I’m halfway through the process and have noticed a positive difference in the way I look and feel. (Thank goodness, I’m not experiencing some of the bat-sh** crazy side effects I read about in the chat rooms, like anal leakage. Ew.)

Day 4

7:30 A.M. When I woke up, my stomach was really rockin’ and rollin’ from the probiotics (good bacteria) in last night’s pills. It reminds me of the yogurt Activia. Guess that’s good … less bloating.

11:30 P.M. Tonight’s going to be a LATE night because my friends have a concert in Echo Park. Luckily, I’m still feeling fabulous.

12:36 A.M. I’m still out and I’m starving! My friends and I duck into this little coffee shop and order dessert to share. I can’t even tell you what I’m eating right now because it’s pretty much the unhealthiest meal of all time. (Think butter, sugar, chocolate and more.) I’m ashamed. There goes the diet (unhappy face).

Day 5

6: 42 A.M. I got three hours of sleep last night, which is one of the reasons today was harder to stay focused. Just a guess. When you’re tired it’s harder to stick to your guns! That’s all for life lessons now. Must. Sleep. So Tired.

Day 6

8: 26 P.M. TODAY WAS AWESOME. Why, you ask? First, I talked to the Kardashian sisters, who gave me some hope. They told me they’d had a hard time fitting in their work outs every day too. “Committing yourself to working out five times a week can be pretty tough,” Khloe sympathized. “I’m the type of person who gets bored easily, so I keep myself motivated by switching up my work out routine. I love to alternate boxing, running and hiking.”

Keeping that in mind, I headed down to the gym and proceeded to pound the treadmill for more than an hour. Then I did about an hour of stretching, sit-ups, etc. (next to a really hot athlete, might I add). So many endorphins for so many reasons!

Day 7

2 P.M. Cannot move. So sore. Nevertheless, I pull myself together (after eating a healthy breakfast of egg whites and stir-fried veggies, as well as drinking several cups of water) and go running for the second day in a row. Aren’t you proud of me? This time I only run 2.7 miles, but it hurts like hell nonetheless. Half way down … seven more days to go.

P.S. People have been asking me where you can get QuickTrim. It’s now being sold nationally at Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS and Rite-Aid.

How is your New Year’s weight loss resolution going?

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Get more on QuickTrim:

1. Kirstin & The Kardashians: A QuickTrim Journey!
  2. Bow-Chicka-Bow-Bow: Kim & Khloe Sex It Up For QuickTrim
  3. Kim Kardashian, How Do You Manage Your Busy Life Without An Assistant?

Krys2010

Posted at 10:16 AM on January 14, 2010

You are gorgeous Kirstin!
Seems to be going well,
Maybe I should give it a try!

shakeyourpeaches

Posted at 10:52 PM on January 13, 2010

Has anyone ever tried that diet with the supervised B12 shots? I can’t remember the name of it but it always seemed really interesting…

imbritneyb

Posted at 10:47 PM on January 13, 2010

Wow Kirstin! Thank you so much for writing back to us :D What about Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers?

jennabella

Posted at 5:56 PM on January 13, 2010

Wow, sounds like you’ve really got the hang of this QuickTrim thing. I like that you tell us not only of your successes but also your failures (ie: dessert with friends); it makes you seem human just like the rest of us. Keep up the good work and I look forward to Part 3!!

seattlite

Posted at 3:41 PM on January 13, 2010

Love the video diaries! We need to see more of you throughout the site. It’s great getting to see your personality shine through. Have you thought about going in to talk shows? You’re clearly great on camera! When’s the next post?!?!

northernexposure

Posted at 2:51 PM on January 13, 2010

This is great! When do we get to read Part III??

Kirstin Benson

Posted at 10:09 AM on January 13, 2010

BumbleBee—First of all, thanks for your comment. You’re my new favorite person.

imbritneyb — I love getting to know all you hollywoodlifers! please keep reading and commenting … we hear you! (wow. i just wrote out hollywoodlivers and it made me LOL)

like i said before, please let me know what other diets/programs you’re curious about … i’ll try to make it happen. xx

“nothing taste as good as being thin feels.” (uhh … i keep repeating that … clearly that person never tried croissant chocolate bread pudding)

rubytuesday

Posted at 7:26 PM on January 12, 2010

Two lbs. a week seems totally healthy. i don’t know if its the quicktrim or just being healthier but it seems to be working!

imbritneyb

Posted at 7:22 PM on January 12, 2010

love gettin to know some of the people behind the site!

shakeyourpeaches

Posted at 7:14 PM on January 12, 2010

Def. think bumblebee is right- if you are working out twice a day you are going to see results anyway…

but that being said this is such good incentive to start the new year in a great way! i went to the gym today hoping to have kirstin’s luck and run into a cute athlete… no luck but I’ll keep trying!

Thanks kirstin! Keep up the good work :D :D :D

BumbleBee

Posted at 4:57 PM on January 12, 2010

LOOL Anal Leakage. This article gets an A+ just for that!

1. Kirstin you are crazy gorgeous. Seriously, I don’t know what you were doing before but it seems to be working.

2. I’m a little iffy on the working out twice a day thing. I feel like if you did that without the pills the results would be the same.

boekelheide

Posted at 3:23 PM on January 12, 2010

Sounds like a good workout! They should have called it KwikTrim though, keeping with the whole K thing….

northernexposure

Posted at 3:05 PM on January 12, 2010

It seems like it’s going well for you…I’m going to move forward and try it! I don’t have time to work out 2 hours a day, but the rest seems pretty doable. Hope I have good results like you, Kirstin. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your journey!