Miley Cyrus to Hannah Montana — I Quit You!

Fri, January 8, 2010 9:32am EDT by 8 Comments

Miley Cyrus is moving on — are you going to miss her once she’s off Hannah Montana?

Miley Cyrus will finally no longer be Hannah Montana, as the show is officially ending its run on the Disney Channel, according to the New York Post, after four seasons. “Right now we’re scheduled to wrap [forever] after shooting this new batch [the 4th season] of episodes,” says Disney Channel Worldwide senior VP/programming Adam Bonnett. The fourth season of Hannah will premiere “in late spring,” says Disney, and the new episodes will roll out over the year.

What’s Miley going to do now once the show’s finished? In April 2010, she’ll be starring in The Last Song, with boyfriend Liam Hemsworth (they met on the set), Kelly Preston, and Greg Kinnear. (Interestingly, the film is being produced by Touchstone Pictures, a Disney subsidiary.) She just wrapped up her world music tour at the end of December, and her latest album, The Time of Our Lives, which included the hit single “Party in the USA” was released in the summer of 2009.

Sources have told HollywoodLife.com that one important reason she’s freeing herself from the network is that Disney has made it difficult to promote other aspects of her career. And during the summer, Miley told MTV News, “We’re thinking this is our last season,” she said, adding that she’s been doing the show since she was 11 years old.

And Miley has clearly bristled at the demands of being a teen idol. As she told Harper’s Bazaar in their February issue, “My job is to be a role model, and that’s what I want to do, but my job isn’t to be a parent. My job isn’t to tell your kids how to act or how not to act, because I’m still figuring that out for myself. So to take that away from me is a bit selfish. Your kids are going to make mistakes whether I do or not. That’s just life.”

Get More on Miley Cyrus:

1. Wow, Miley — It MUST Be Serious! You Went All the Way to Meet Your Boyfriend’s Parents!
  2. Is Miley Cyrus Being A Bad Role Model?
  3. Miley Cyrus, Are You Sure You’re Not Vying for a Role in Rock of Ages?

david M Ratliff

Posted at 10:59 PM on December 25, 2010

I like Billy Ray Cyrus so I like Miley to but Miley if you read this You got to go on with your life I love you dad and the show i think new show you and your dad star on it to miley you share teh spot light with you dad you and your dad made me cry get sat dont go and take you wig off and the jay Leno. You made the show on top the show end on a good you can start a new show miley go to college out full season ABC network. You and billy ray be in the show.

inesha

Posted at 5:11 PM on June 13, 2010

miley if you are reading these notes i just want you to know that never let anyone tell something mean about you and your singing and i dont care what julie say just remember what you want im your biggest fan keep rocking on i have all your items love inesha

katie

Posted at 8:58 PM on March 7, 2010

like SOME of her song I wont really miss her

jasie

Posted at 5:45 PM on February 23, 2010

miley should not of quit hannah ilove her

Tarah Said

Posted at 7:31 PM on March 1, 2010

i love her too i am crying to death

brotoe

Posted at 7:55 PM on January 8, 2010

I really am going to miss watching Hannah Montana the series.Miley,her dad,& the rest of the cast were very good at being on Hannah Montana.What I really do hope that Miley wont be like some of the old Disney Channel stars like doing drugs,drinking alchol,and being arrested.I really do like watching this show as much as watching the rest of the Disney show.

jennylynnm

Posted at 1:22 PM on January 8, 2010

Who can blame her for wanting to move on? It’s difficult enough to grow up as it is, without the world’s eyes on you. Everyone is entitled to their mistakes. With that said, her leaving Disney is probably the best thing for all parties involved. As a role model, she pales in comparison to other stars. I just hope we are not comparing her to Britney Spears (shaved head era) or Lindsay Lohan in a few years.

Julie

Posted at 3:52 PM on March 9, 2010

You can’t compare Miley to Britney Spears. Britney was not on some stupid sitcom or living off fame that her dad orginally established. Britney paved her own way. Miley is not as pretty as Britney, not as smart as Britney or as good a singer as Britney and she never will be. Britney rules!