The Kardashians Are My New Diet Coaches — And I Want to Tell You About It …

Fri, January 8, 2010 1:11pm EDT by 18 Comments
The Kardashians Are My New Diet Coaches — And I Want to Tell You About It …

Curious if QuickTrim really makes you look as fabulous as Kim Kardashian? So are we!

My body took a hit this holiday season. I snacked on tasty vittles and sipped chugged champagne with the best of them, but now I’m paying for it in a big way—or should I say, big weight? Meanwhile, reality TV sisters Kim and Khloe Kardashian look better than ever after dropping major poundage with the help of a purple miracle pill called QuickTrim.

Seeing the picture of Kim and Khloe looking svelte and toned in their bikinis motivated me enough to jump on the QuickTrim weight loss bandwagon. I want to look like that too! After clearing it with my doctor, I’ve decided to try QuickTrim’s Burn & Cleanse two-week program to see if it actually works. Plus, Kim and Khloe graciously offered to exclusively mentor me through the process—I’ll keep you posted on my progress…

Day 1

Four pills a day?! At first I’m iffy about being tied down to such a strict pill popping schedule, but within a couple hours I’m used to the idea. The little instruction manual is very strict … I’m not supposed to eat many carbs AT ALL. This will be tricky. I love bread. And sugar. And fruit. And starch. Damn–no wonder I’m doing QuickTrim.

Another caveat: The evil instruction manual says you’re supposed to work out twice a day! There’s no chance in hell with my work schedule that’ll happen … I’m going to have to make do and exercise whenever I can. No wonder the Kardashians lost weight.

Day 2.

Last night I didn’t sleep well, but I think that’s because I took one of the pills with caffeine too late. I can’t believe how much energy I have. Honestly, I don’t feel sluggish AT ALL. I’m like the Energizer Bunny …

12 hours later. Still going. One thing I’m having trouble with is drinking a gallon of water a day, which is what the instructions suggest. Kim tells me drinking all that water threw her off too. “Cleanses definitely aren’t the easiest thing to do, especially because you have to drink a gallon of water a day-which is a pretty serious commitment! But, the more you drink the better you look and feel.”

14 hours later. You’ve got to be kidding me. I’M NOT TIRED AT ALL! I keep running to the bathroom … So much H20!

Day 3.

Slept like a baby last night. Feel kind of badly because I relapsed a little yesterday. Wolfgang Puck catered the BCS Championship Party and I couldn’t resist sampling some of the buffet. Ugh. Failure. I feel better because Khloe tells me she was the same way in the beginning. “At first it was really hard not to eat delicious food when I saw it in front of me,” she says, “but QuickTrim helped curb my cravings and once I started seeing results it really helped me to get motivated to maintain my diet.”

Even though I slipped up last night, I can now button my jeans. They’re not loose by any means, but I’m one step closer!

Are YOU trying a new diet regiment?

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Get more on QuickTrim:

1. Bow-Chicka-Bow-Bow: Kim & Khloe Sex It Up For QuickTrim
  2. Kim Kardashian, How Do You Manage Your Busy Life Without An Assistant?

TRUTH

Posted at 11:19 PM on February 22, 2012

Quick weightloss means you’re not losing fat, you’re losing muscle and you will gain back twice as much weight. Crash dieting like this actually makes you fat. You can only burn 1 lb of fat a week, that’s 4 maybe 5 lbs a month.

Supplements like Quick Trim are dangerous because you don’t know what’s in it. Please don’t take 4 a day. In fact, Don’t diet, diets don’t work and you gain twice the weight back.

Change your eating habits, do cardio and weight training, if you have an issue with cheating during the holidays, be patient with the process of weightloss. Do good things for your body and feel great and energized. You’re hurting yourself dieting the way you are now. Start with chunking the Quick Trim.

tellmemore

Posted at 2:52 PM on January 14, 2010

I have been enjoying this new website. I feel there is a nice selection of news, advice, etc. Additionally, I think your writers have been good about giving healthy tips and advice to the readers. I am impressed we are told to check with our doctor before beginning the Quicktrim plan. I believe Bonnie, Kirstin and the rest of the reporters are doing a great job of being positive role models to their readers. Keep up the good work!

leogirl76

Posted at 3:38 AM on January 14, 2010

You want to lose weight? Eat less, drink your water and get some exercise. You will lose weight regardless of whatever supplement you are taking. Stop peddling these pills. You can’t have it both ways. Either you’re going to support healthy habits and be positive role models for the women and girls who come on here or not. Do you not realize the gravity of what you’re doing here?

jennabella

Posted at 6:01 PM on January 13, 2010

I am really interested in trying a cleanse as well, but I don’t know which one to try. Kirstin, I would love to hear your thoughts on what works and what doesn’t!

seattlite

Posted at 3:49 PM on January 13, 2010

How about trying the 3-hour diet or the master cleanse? Curious as to whether those work… I’ve also heard interesting things about the Martha’s Vineyard Diet.

northernexposure

Posted at 2:53 PM on January 13, 2010

Saw the Kardashian girls on tv last night plugging their diet…they ARE looking pretty good!

Kirstin Benson

Posted at 10:05 AM on January 13, 2010

thanks, everyone, for your support! if you guys like following QT, let me know what other diet supplements/programs you’d like to see … as jennabella said, i’ll be your guinea pig for whatever! haha

Kirstin Benson

Posted at 10:03 AM on January 13, 2010

ArrozConPollo — First of all … love the name :) I’m craving rice with chicken right now. lol

It IS an uneven playing field … Like I said, who has time to work out two times a day? Not your average person.

That’s why I’m giving QT a try—If it works for me, it’ll work for anyone. I’m pretty much at my desk 12 hours a day!

Kirstin Benson

Posted at 10:01 AM on January 13, 2010

Helix, Asia A — I think you’re dead on when you say there’s nothing like diet and exercise … sometimes we just need a little kick in the butt to get going and I think a product like QuickTrim does that.

jennabella

Posted at 3:49 PM on January 12, 2010

Thank you for being a guinea pig! So often women are looking for the latest way to shed lbs but want to see the if it works before spending the time or the money. Good luck, Kirstin. We can’t wait to see the results!

seattlite

Posted at 3:08 PM on January 12, 2010

What a great way to find out if this new thing actually works! Love following your diary Kirstin. Keep up the good work and keep us all posted. If you can do it so can I.

Arroz Con Pollo

Posted at 3:58 AM on January 12, 2010

I predict you’ll discover that the pills are a total waste of $$$

Those girls have personal trainers and other professionals to help them manage their diet/fitness. It’s an uneven playing field.

shakeyourpeaches

Posted at 2:06 AM on January 12, 2010

Kirstin is so cute! Keep us updated!!!!!!!!!!!

rubytuesday

Posted at 1:53 AM on January 12, 2010

the kardashians really look great! it seems as though the quick trim regiment encourages you to do healthy things like drinking water and exercising every day while giving you that extra boost. i’m going to try it for sure

imbritneyb

Posted at 1:50 AM on January 12, 2010

This is such a fun way to see if this works! I’ve always wanted to try it but I wasn’t sure if it was just another fad diet. Thanks for showing how this works for real people!

northernexposure

Posted at 1:49 PM on January 11, 2010

Can’t wait to see how this goes for you! If it goes well, I might try it!

AsiaA

Posted at 3:59 PM on January 8, 2010

I agree with you, Helix. If you drink water on your own, modified what you eat and get in that exercise, you don’t really need the pill. I mean, what? You like feeling like you did a line of coke??? And what do these pills do to your liver? Is that why you have to drink so much water???

Furthermore, I think Kim and the other girls took these pills for a week or two so they can fulfill their obligation to the QuickTrim people by tweeting about it. It all happened right around the time Kim had her workout tapes released.

I’m not knocking their hustle, but it IS a hustle.

Helix

Posted at 8:16 AM on January 8, 2010

I really don´t think it works..
there´s nothing like.. a good balanced diet.. make a little of excercise.. sleep good.. drink lots of water.. stay away from carbs..
At first you may feel it´s working.. but it´s all a mind trick.. you can´t cheat weight. =)