Khloe Kardashian, It’s Time To Ditch Your Outdated Acrylic Nails!

Fri, January 8, 2010 3:33pm EST by 5 Comments

010810_khloe_kardashian_71327426DT006_SWAGG_VIP_Kid

Oh, no, Khloe! Those nails scream 90’s prom!

Khloe Kardashian, what’s up with those acrylic nails you were sporting at the SWAGG VIP Kid Rock Concert at Hard Rock Hotel Vegas on Jan. 7? Once we stopped starring in awe at your gorgeous engagement rock, we noticed those nail no-nos. Not to be a hater but those nails should go back to the ‘90s where they belong! Not only are they so passé, they’re also not good for you. “I always recommend that my clients have natural nails as acrylics severely damage the nail beds!” says Orly celebrity manicurist Jenna Hipp. Instead of those fake tips, Jenna has some tips for you on how to pick your best nail shape and length!

“The easiest way to discover your best shape is to follow the natural curve of your cuticle to determine how round or square the nail should be. If your cuticles are very round, file nails oval. If cuticles are quite square in shape, file nails to avoid round corners. If you like to wear sheer pink or nude polish, I recommend a “squoval” nail shape with a little length. If you’re not afraid to rock the darker, trendier shades such as black, navy or deep forest green, a short square shape is super chic right now,” Jenna says. - Marta Topran

kristi

Posted at 11:30 PM on June 8, 2012

as a nail tech myself, i dont believe that acrylics will ever be “outdated” or none of us would be in business…that said rule number one….”the clients always right” especially when it comes to thier taste and thier choices…frankly i see nothing wrong with the nails that miss khloe is sporting,…just because you dont care for acrylics and choose to do natural nails doesnt make it wrong or outdated!

hhh

Posted at 2:43 PM on July 2, 2011

I think this article is WAY judgemental. I think Khloe’s hands look really pretty. She doesn’t have tacky talons or anything…and in the article you mention ‘If you like to wear sheer pink or nude polish, I recommend a “squoval” nail shape with a little length’…COME ON..keeping ‘length’ on nails isn’t easy for everyone. I eat really well & am very healthy but my nails just aren’t genetically that great. I can’t get them all to grow past the tip of my finger. SHE LOOKS AWESOME..DON’T HATE OR BE JEALOUS.

Jenn

Posted at 2:54 PM on March 4, 2010

I love my acrylics and they are only damage youre natural nail if you use them as tools. Or pull at them.

Village

Posted at 6:59 PM on January 8, 2010

Does anyone else think this is a manufactured diamond? One of the problems with man made diamonds is they come out all kinds of weird colors. And that looks like one weird color to me, but maybe it is just the photography.

JAB

Posted at 5:18 PM on January 8, 2010

Fake nails are kind of icky and dated but i see lots of women who have them….still. I like a short dark nail myself.