Hayden Panettiere donates her time, every day, to helping others all over the world!
Hottie Hayden Panettiere does more than just grace the covers of magazines and star in NBC’s hit series Heroes. Hayden is busy saving the world one whale at a time! She’s written letters to ambassadors, spoken at a Greenpeace event, and auctioned off tickets to raise money for Save The Whales! She is passionate about saving the environment.
Extraordinary Measures — a new thriller starring Harrison Ford and Brendan Fraser — is a true story about a father, John Crowley, who devoted his life to saving his kids from a deadly disease, and the scientist who helped him. Hayden is a lot like John — she has made it her job to save lives.
Here’s a list of what Hayden has been doing in her “free” time in the last few years.
- Went to Taiji, Wakayama, Japan with Australian and American surfers to keep the local fisherman from hunting dolphins in 2007.
- Received the Compassion in Action Award from PETA in 2007.
- Spoke at a Greenpeace event in Achorage, Alaska, against whaling in 2007.
- Joined the Ronald McDonald House Charities as a member of their celebrity board called the friends of RMHC in 2007.
- Wrote protest letters to the Norwegian and Japanese ambassadors in the U.S. to stop their whale hunts in 2008.
- Auctioned off tickets to a fundraiser on eBay to benefit SaveTheWhalesAgain.com in 2008.
- Appeared in two PSA’s: one with Funny or Die in support of Barack Obama and the other with Sen. Paul Strauss endorsing voting rights.
- Teen ambassador for the Candie’s Foundation to fight teen pregnancy since 2009.
Check back next to hear how other celebrities like Justin Timberlake, and Jennifer Hudson are taking extraordinary measures in their own lives to make the world a better place.
We want to hear about the changes that YOU want to make in your own life to make the world a better place! What do you care about: The environment? Global health? Self improvement? And how do you want to give, with your bank account—or your time? Let us know!