Queen Latifah was a hilarious hostess – her New Moon spoof where she tells Robert Pattinson’s Edward Cullen character, “I know you’re busy drinking deer blood and not having sex” had me cracking up! But, the Cover Girl spokeswoman was also a beautiful hostess at the People’s Choice Awards on Jan. 6! “Queen’s three wardrobe changes were my inspiration. I wanted to create a look that would suit all of her dresses,” says celebrity makeup artist D’Andre Michael who created her gorgeous look. We think her royal blue smokey eye, nude lips and glowing bronzed skin was the ultimate winner of the show!
Here are D’Andre’s tips on recreating the Queen’s look!
- First, D’Andre evened out Queen Latifa’s skin with foundation and set it with pressed powder.
- Then, he applied a soft brown shadow above her eye crease and below the lower lash line. “Doing this allows you to blend your darker shadows into a softer color,” he says.
- “I then used Lancome’s Eyeshadow in Garment on the entire lid and blended it into the color I had set above the crease.”
- “I lined the inner bottom eyelid in black for depth” and then coated the lashes with Cover Girl LashBlast Volume Waterproof Mascara in Very Black.
- “For Queen’s lips, I wanted to offset the smokey eye by doing more of a nude lip so her eyes would stand out. I used a base coat of MAC Lipstick in Velvet Teddy,” D’Andre says.
- “To complete the overall look I applied Cover Girl Queen Collection Natural Hue Bronzer in Brown Bronze for a soft and subtle glow,” D’Andre says. – Marta Topran