Key Comment Fight! Things Got Heated Over Shiloh Jolie-Pitt Dressing Like A Boy!

Wed, January 6, 2010 9:30am EDT by 20 Comments

010510_shiloh_Post_544_wide

Key Comment Fight! Things Got Heated Over Shiloh Jolie-Pitt Dressing Like A Boy!

When we asked if Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were dressing their three-and-a-half-year-old daughter Shiloh Jolie-Pitt like a boy, you had a lot to say about it!

Some of you agreed that unlike her sister Zahara, Shiloh never wears pink! Even The New York Post mistook her for a boy! But others of you … well, you think we’re just plain crazy.  That’s ok! We like a good debate here at HollywoodLife.com!  And if you don’t have an opinion of your own yet, check out our gallery … and decide for yourself!

• Village” agrees, Shiloh thinks she’s a boy!:

Children of that age pick out their own clothes. Two-year-olds start picking out their own clothes. Her parents aren’t choosing this, she is. I have wondered for a while if she is transgendered, which is now called inter-sex. Wouldn’t that be something. But she has two older brothers, and she adores her father. And she may be a rebel. She could be a tomboy. But if she turns out to be inter-sex, thank goodness she has two parents who can handle it, and help her make the transition. To me, she has always looked like a boy, even when she was a baby. I always thought she was a girl who was meant to be a boy. And if she wants to be called John, she may identify as a boy. Many inter-sex adults have said they knew in EARLY childhood they had been given the wrong body.

• Serenityfoundhere” just thinks we’re crazy:

Bonnie: I am very disappointed in you. Slamming Brad and Angie for their choice in parenting is not going to diminish the fact that this is a truly wonderful family. The parents have worked hard to provide the best for their children. They adopt, spreading their ideals of love worldwide.They allow their children to express their individuality at an early age, ie. Shiloh in “boyish” gear. They have proven themselves loving and responsible parents unlike half the people you tout on this site. They can hire the best psychologists/parenting experts if they fear for their children; they do not need advice from you and The New York Post!

Charlotte Deneice

Posted at 12:04 PM on January 8, 2013

I remember when I was three years old,and all I wanted to do was play with dolls,and girls,and wear dresses,and pretty clothes. I was born a male,but never liked boy clothes,and always wanted to wear a dress. I wanted to wear my hair longer,and I got my ears pierced when I was six. I wore panties,girls jeans,blouses,and girl shoes to school. I have never felt I was a boy,and lived all my life as a girl. I wouldn’t have it an other way. Clothes don’t make the person,and if boys want to wear dresses it is fine,and if girls want to wear boys clothes it is fine. Just let the person be who they want to be. Time will tell. Born a boy,and became a girl,and am very happy.

CocoPictures

Posted at 6:58 AM on February 23, 2011

CocoPictures

Posted at 2:18 PM on February 4, 2011

I love many celebrities, but Coco for me is the best.

Miranda

marie

Posted at 4:05 AM on September 27, 2010

I am a 50 year old woman who is happily married with 3 sons. I was definitely a tom boy when I was young. I can remember fighting with my Mom when she wanted me to put on dresses. I told her those were “prissy” clothes and then I would proceed to wear my older brothers’ hand-me-down Levi’s and t-shirts. I played touch football in the yard with the boys, built tree forts, caught frogs, and generally identified with my two older brothers. I remember even walking like them, taking long strides. I remember playing with army men, not dolls. Along with this, my Mom started getting my longish blond hair cut into what she called a “pixie”, so I can remember hearing people whisper to each other “Is that a boy or a girl” when I would walk by… there I was, short hair cut, walking like a boy in Levi’s and a t-shirt… and I was extremely fair. I remember those remarks bothering me a lot and I protested getting my hair cut like that. But, when it came time for the hormones to kick in, I was always attracted to boys. By 6th grade, my hair started growing long and by the 9th grade, I all of a sudden became “very attractive” and was getting a lot of attention from boys. Here I was now with a nice figure and long blond hair. This was really hard on me as I was quite shy and had zero experience getting any attention like this from boys and had zero confidence in myself; I still felt like the ugly duckling and couldn’t see that I was very pretty now. So, I remember identifying with my brothers and my Dad, my Mom was a bit cold and distant, but deep down, I was a girl and it didn’t make me turn into a lesbian. I’m sure Shiloh is identifying with her older brothers as I did. I hope she has a good relationship with her mother as I did not. My mother was very girly girl and I remember making an effort to not be anything like her when I was in elementary school. My Mom was abusive physically and verbally with me. So I don’t think Shiloh wanting to dress like a boy is harmful or will make her confused about her gender. I think that comes from inside you. I know my Mom put me in dresses until I was at the age where I refused to wear them. I drove her crazy. I just hope she has a good relationship with her Mom… I now wonder if my having a cold, mean mother caused me to latch on and identify those I was closest to like my Dad and my brothers. Anyway, just sharing my own experience…

larson

Posted at 7:57 PM on April 22, 2010

This is NOT Brad and Angelina imposing their own agenda. There are tons of photos of Shiloh from just a few months ago with longer hair wearing skinny jeans and typical girl clothing.

I am a female to male transgender individual and I can tell you that I began to have those feelings at age 3. I refused to wear dresses anymore and was fortunate enough to have a mother who let me shop in the boys section. I chose to wear boys clothes and asked to be called by a boy’s name from the age of three.

I am not saying for certain that Shiloh is transgender. Most kids grow out of this phase. But I am saying that kids have these feelings as toddlers! It is time for the world to start giving kids some damn credit!

Joyce

Posted at 3:42 PM on December 4, 2010

You do not even remember WHAT you did or said at age 3,who are you kidding? Next, if your mom had NOT allowed you at age 3 to impose your will on her, picking out your clothes,
dictating your preference in your name, when you were barely out of diapers perhaps you would have identified with the gender GOD created for you A GIRL.
PARENTS NEED TO PARENT AND STOP ALLOWING CHILDREN TO PARENT.
THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

Me

Posted at 4:50 PM on March 25, 2011

God can suck my dick.

Charlotte Deneice

Posted at 12:10 PM on January 8, 2013

I am sorry. I remember at three that I was born a boy,but only wanted to wear girls clothes,and did. I asked mom for only girls clothes,toys,and all things girls wanted. I am a happy woman now,and have never regretted being raised up as a girl. No male clothes in my closet,and no male parts between my legs either. Born a boy,and became a girl real soon. I also have three brothers,and another one is a girl too. Our sister,mom,dad,and family are happy for us. 48 years old,and love being a woman.

Contentious

Posted at 12:51 PM on April 18, 2010

Obvious case of a parent imposing his/her agenda on a helpless child without regard to the psychological consequences. Mother Jolie should support her child’s desires (when they are truly the CHILD’s wishes), but even my very boyish son does not insist on wearing a tie with hat and tennis shoes.

ellie

Posted at 9:22 PM on April 14, 2010

FOR GOD SAKE LEAVE THE POOR GIRL ALONE !!!! IF SHE WANTS TO BE A TOM BOY, FINE ! LET HER BE !! GOD ITS NONE OF ANYONES BUSINESS TO BE SAYING WHAT A LITTLE GIRL SHOULD WEAR !!

sandra

Posted at 4:22 PM on April 10, 2010

I dont speak english but i speak spanish so do you now understand me well traduce that….En verdad nose sobre la vida de shiloh ,pero no creo que sea bueno corromper fisicamente a una niña obligandola a vestirse
como niño cuando no lo es solamente para tener una satisfaccion conmigo misma. Saben una cosa el dia de mañana cuando esa niña crezca puede ser capaz de creer que ella es hombre mentalmente pero y cuando ella se entere de que en vedad es una mujer como se podra sentir al saber que sus padres la obligaron a ser un hombre cuando no lo es; es ilogico los hijos son lo mas importante para los padres uno no puede estar jugando con ellos como si fueran objetos o juguetes, ellos tienen sentimientos y uno los cria con la intencion del que el dia de mañana ellos sean buenas personas y uno pueda estar orgullosos de lo que son. No puedo jusgar a los padres de shiloh porque no los conozco y lo unico que les puedo decir es que estan violando los derechos de los niños, niñas y adolescentes; no estan siendo buenos padres aunque tengan todos los lujos para darle a esa pequeña lo mas importante para ella es que le den amor, si ustedes cambian su modo de ver las cosas pueden ver que si lo hacen cuando shiloh sea grande ustedes van a estar orgullosos de ella por lo hermosa que es por fuera y por dentro y diran: hize lo correcto!

miriam

Posted at 1:10 PM on April 20, 2010

segun yo nadie la obliga… ella esta montada en, ahora si que en su macho de que quiere vestirse asi… como te vistas no tiene nada que ver… a mi me vestian de vestiditos y encajes cuanda era niña y sigo siendo femenina pero mira que sali bien lesbiana… asi que relajate!!!

Lauren

Posted at 3:14 AM on March 18, 2010

Look, you can’t force a girlie girl to dress like a boy! She would be crying, screaming, and stealing her sisters clothes everytime you turned around. It is apparent that this truely is what she wants right now, so instead of forcing her to dress like a girl and telling her that there is something wrong with her for preferring boys clothing instead of the more feminine variety they just let her wear what she wants.I believe that is the best choice. However I don’t think calling her John at such a young age is a good idea because if she is not transgendered, which she very well may not be, it could be very confusing later I would have waited to take such a drastic step. But I would let her dress however she feels the most comfortable! I wish them all the best and definately think they have their daughters best interest at heart!

Charlie

Posted at 2:53 AM on February 27, 2010

Intersex is actually the new term for hermaphrodites, transgender is perfectly acceptable to describe people who’s gender doesn’t match thier sex.

Tiffany

Posted at 4:05 PM on March 6, 2010

I hope this brings about a dialogue on the subject, although this is a child and that needs to be respected. Trangender, intersex, gender queer; we need to understand that not everyone fits into the widely accepted definitions of the two sexes. Sex and gender are very different things. Some people do not feel the need to identify as male or female or maybe they feel that they share qualities related to both “sexes.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genderqueer

Morde

Posted at 8:55 PM on March 6, 2010

Transgender is used when you prefer to be a boy. Transsexual is when you ARE a boy in a girls body and have extreme dysphoria. Intersex is what you said, a hermaphrodite.

CleoJ

Posted at 2:27 AM on January 9, 2010

Good, I’m glad there are no more than 2 comments on this piece. I hope that means no one is reading your fcking horrific shameful site Bonnie Fuller.

I know there is currently an organized boycott being enacted by one the largest fandoms on the web, to not only NOT link you or your stories, delete cookies, and also not click your links when they discover you elsewhere.

You know, what I’m tired of, people talking out of their asss on the web, and putting a young baby further under a microscope than she already is. You are some sick jealous hateful cnts to want to attack a baby. Why do women eat their young? Seriously, why would you relish making this child a point of ridicule. I wear black a lot, and haven’t been in a dress in a year — am I gay Bonnie? I assure you I’m straight.

To those hateful old crones attacking this child, and claiming they have never seen Shiloh in a dress. There are thousands of pictures of her in dresses on the web. So stop pulling crap out of your asss and calling it factual.

Is it your mission to attack this baby, and have people calling her names at 5, 7, 13, or 15??

She’s a kid who has 3 older brothers, maybe she likes riding bikes and running outside imitating them rather than playing with barbies, I know I did. The young star Kristen Stewart was just on Jimmy Kimmel throwing a football, she is seldom in dresses when not a premiere – she also grew up with older brothers who are her best pals…and guess what, not only is Kristen not gay, she’s adored by the hottest man in movies today, Robert Pattinson.

Is this really how women behave who are threatened by beautiful women and young girls – do little babies, make them jealous??

To the extent that they’d ‘mean girl’ out on a TODDLER??!

Are you fcking SICK???

Here’s an FYI…this took me 2 seconds on Google you lying old jealous PIG!

SHILOH IN DRESSES:
1)http://alistbaby.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/zahara_shiloh.jpg
2)http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/cbb/2007/10/01/jolie_pitts_071001_04_cbb.jpg
3)http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/cbb/2007/08/30/angelinajolie15_cbb.jpg
4)http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/cbb/2007/08/07/angelinajolie8_cbb.jpg
5)Lastly this past summer, grocery shopping w/ Mom & Dad in a fufu skirt and mary janes: http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gallery/1869091/angelina-jolie-brad-pitt-stop-shop-11/
______________

These are just the pics I was able to pull up after a quick one second search on Google, there are many more.

So Bonnie, while I know that it must make you cream your jeans to think you have some control over how miserable Shiloh might be made in junior high one day (maybe they’ll print your columns off the web, and call her a dyke in front of her boyfriend – won’t you just love that you sick old bish)…I would suggest, you WAIT, at least a good decade or more – til puberty hit perhaps before you start discussing or insinuating things about her sexuality…OTHERWISE, it just makes you, and all the other posters speculating about this baby’s sexuality, fcking CREEPY, you vicious vicious HAGS! ALl you crones make me want to call Chris Hanson of Predator.

GET LIVES. No wonder you lost all your decent jobs Bonnie Fuller. I will swear to boycott and tell anyone that I believe I picked up a nasty nasty virus on this site, and just warn them to steer clear. I DID! This site is a cesspool of popups that are ruining my hard drive as I speak. That in and of itself shouldn’t worry you, but times that by about 1 MILLION tweets and posts on the largest celeb websites EVER. STOP ATTACKING BRANGELINA and their FAMILY.

moralitypolice

Posted at 3:41 PM on January 8, 2010

Shiloh must have been one very strong-willed baby if she rejected girly clothing even as a baby! Come on. I haven’t seen a single pic of Shiloh dressed like a girl…even since she was born. Babies do not pick out their clothes. Mommy does. Angelina is clearly trying to make a point in the way she dresses Shiloh. For all the Angie-supporters, how would you feel if she forced Knox to wear nothing but dresses? This isn’t about being supportive of a child’s choices. Infants do not make such choices. Angie has an agenda here and it is wrong for her to experiment on her children!

Joyce

Posted at 3:49 PM on December 4, 2010

I agree!

C.G. Hesse

Posted at 1:18 PM on January 6, 2010

I can’t believe that in this day in age insensitive nosey people are STILL making their bigoted opinions public. What if Lil’ Shiloh has gender identity issues?!? It’s clear that her loving PROGRESSIVE parents are letting her make the choices in this matter. Thank God she was born to such caring people! Isn’t anyone aware of the deeper damage that can be done by FORCING a child to be something they don’t feel they are!?! So what if Angelina can be a bit passive aggressive? (She hasn’t spoken to her father in years) I still find it very hard to believe she would use her children as pawns in any hidden agenda AND that Brad would let her.