The Jolie-Pitts donate their time, every day, to helping others all over the world — and we know they’ll continue to do so for years to come!
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have led seriously charmed lives. But chasing after little kids and working full time is a grueling schedule for anyone — even gorgeous, wildly successful movie stars! Despite the perpetual time crunch, this duo has managed to arrange their calendars to make a huge difference in the lives of many, many other people.
Extraordinary Measures — a new thriller starring Harrison Ford and Brendan Fraser — is a true story about a father, John Crowley, who devoted his life to saving his kids from a deadly disease, and the scientist who helped him. Brad and Angelina are much like John — they have all made it their job to save other peoples’ lives.
Here’s a list of how Brad and Angelina have spent their “free” time in the last five years, furthering their goals of improving health around the globe, fighting for human rights, and building sustainable housing.
- Goodwill Ambassador to the UN High Commission for Refugees since 2001
- Visited refugee camps in 20 different countries
- Met with members of Congress at least 20 times since 2003
- Member of the Council on Foreign Relations
- Spoke at the World Economic Forum in Davos in 2005
- Started Make It Right foundation in 2007, dedicated to building sustainable, affordable homes in New Orleans’ Ninth Ward
- Built 13 homes thus far, has plans to build 150 by the end of 2010
- Met with members of Congress to get federal funding for environmentally sustainable housing
- Traveled to Africa to raise awareness about poverty and refugees
- Helped Wyclef Jean with his Clean Streets project, which improves the lives of Haitians
Considering that the pair have six toddlers and made a total of 15 movies since they’ve been a couple, that is an INCREDIBLE amount of time devoted to other projects!
Check back later in the week to hear how other celebrities like Hayden Panettiere, Justin Timberlake, and Jennifer Hudson are taking extraordinary measures in their own lives to make the world a better place.
We want to hear about the changes that YOU want to make in your own life to make the world a better place! What do you care about: The environment? Global health? Self improvement? And how do you want to give, with your bank account—or your time? Let us know!