Selena Gomez, you really brought out the big beauty guns to ring in the new year!
Selena Gomez looked absolutely gorgeous when she stopped by Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve special in Las Vegas. “We knew her makeup had to be fun because it was for a New Year’s party and performance,” says makeup artist Karan Mitchell who created Selena’s eye-catching look. “We were inspired by the dark silver and purple sequins in her dress.” For Karan, it’s important to look at the colors people are wearing, “I know if I bring those shades into the makeup, they’ll look and feel great,” she says. Here’s how to get Selena’s look!
- Playing off of the purple tones in her dress, Karan used the Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in #173 Night Butterfly. “It’s very dramatic but the shades are so gorgeously balanced and blendable. That is the key for a smokey eye. It doesn’t need to be all about black shadow.”
- To get the shape of Selena’s updated smokey eye, Karan used the deep purple hue in the crease of the lid as well as underneath the lower lashes.
- “I used the silver as the accent color on the inner corners and the light pink shade on the brow bone,” Karan says.
- As a liner, Karan used the black shadow on the outer corners of the eye on both the top and the bottom lash lines.
- For Selena’s lashes, Karan applied individual false lashes to the outer corners and then applied Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara.
- Check out the rest of the products Karan used on Selena below! - Marta Topran