A friend of Charlie’s tells HollywoodLife.com that Charlie “needs to really get sober”!
Some people were surprised by Charlie Sheen‘s Dec. 25 arrest on charges of domestic violence — but not a longtime friend who has gone through counseling for substance abuse with Charlie. He spoke with HollywoodLife.com about how alcohol use could have instigated a Christmas morning incident with wife Brooke Mueller that resulted in his arrest in Aspen. “I don’t think it’s the amount he had. I think alcohol does this to him. It puts him off guard. Charlie needs to really get sober.”
“From what it seems like, he definitely thought it would go away if he married a new woman and started a new family,” Charlie’s pal says of his allegedly alcohol-fueled scuffle. “We’re seeing shades of the same things that happened before with Denise Richards. He fooled us once, but you can’t fool us twice. Everybody thought it was her, and I think that the real issue lies with Charlie himself. He’s his own worst enemy.”
The pal says he’s seen Charlie behave like a perfect gentleman at social events during the past 10 years, but that one slip is all it takes for him to spiral out of control. “He always said he was in a 12 step program,” he says. “In this situation in Aspen, he might have just slipped.”
“He always thinks marriage is the answer,” Charlie’s pal continues. “For him, it’s not. He had a long custody fight and I just hope we’re not looking at another custody fight with his name on it.”
Get More on Charlie Sheen:
- Hey Charlie Sheen — Our Expert Has A Few Tips For Cleaning Up Your Image!
- Charlie Sheen, This Incident With Brook Mueller Sounds Familiar — You Were Accused Of Assault In 1996, Too!
- Is Charlie Sheen About To Relive His Nasty Divorce From Denise Richards?
- This Isn’t The First Time Charlie Sheen’s Had Serious Marital & Alcohol Issues
- Brooke Mueller — Are You Already Over Charlie Sheen?
- All The Latest Details On Charlie Sheen’s Arrest & Domestic Violence Allegations Against Wife Brooke Mueller!