Charlie’s on his third troubled marriage, and the actor is no stranger to rehab.
Charlie Sheen‘s recent arrest on charges of domestic abuse isn’t the only time he’s landed in hot water over accusations related to marriage, violence and drug & alcohol abuse. We retraced Charlie’s steps to get a better idea of all the trouble he’s gotten himself into over the years, beginning with his first trip to rehab in 1990:
- Charlie’s 2006 divorce from actress Denise Richards got really ugly! Accusations of vicious e-mails and porn obsession were among the tactics employed by both sides while they were fighting for custody of their daughters, Sam and Lola. She also accused him of abusing drugs and alcohol, as well as threatening her with violence.
- He was briefly hospitalized in 1998 after a drug overdose.
- Charlie was convicted of assaulting then-girlfriend Brittany Ashland in 1996. He was given a one-year suspended prison sentence and put on two years’ probation.
- In early 1996, Charlie announced plans to divorce model Donna Peele, about six months after their Sept. 1995 wedding.
- During the federal trial of Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss in 1995, Charlie admitted to ordering Heidi’s call girls at least 27 times, paying more than $50,000 over time, according to CNN.
Charlie first checked into a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center in 1990, claiming to be suffering from “extreme exhaustion due to an arduous filming schedule.”
- And Charlie’s hard-knock life didn’t start in Hollywood. Before he even launched his acting career, Charlie was a high school bad boy! CBS News reports that Charlie was expelled from school due to bad grades and poor attendance only weeks before his graduation.
Get More on Charlie Sheen: