For hot holiday hair, take a cue from Eva and copy her red carpet ‘do!
Eva Mendes looked gorgeous on the red carpet for Sherlock Holmes in NYC on Dec. 17. “We went for a loose, Hepburn-inspired updo with a very modern, young feel to what can be a very traditional look,” says Thomas Dunkin a member of the Sebastian Professional Stylist Design Team who created her look. Here’s how Thomas got Eva’s look!
- “I started by spritzing the hair with water and allowing the hair to dry to encourage Eva’s natural texture to develop,” Thomas says.
- “After the hair had air-dried, I applied Sebastian Thickefy foam to a 4-inch section around the crown area and blow dried it putting medium-sized velcro rollers in,” he says.
- “Once this had time to set and the rest of the hair was dry, I began putting the hair up. I applied a lot of Sebastian Reshaper hairspray to each section while backcombing the roots strongly and secured this section in a chingnon at the back using bobby pins,” Thomas says.
- “I left a soft part on the left at the front and put back the hair putting bobby pins in to hold the hair in place. Make sure its done tight but still leaving random hairs falling out,” he says.
- “I used a medium-sized curling iron to create a soft wave through the front and left it softly moving across the eye – this adds a sensual effect to the look. I placed the hairband just in front of the crown and finished the look with some Sebastian Texturizer to add a beautiful finish to the updo,” Thomas says. – Marta Topran