Dakota Fanning told HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY: “Brittany had such a warm, child-like spirit that drew people to her. With her goes a piece of my heart, and I will miss her terribly.” Dakota and Brittany starred together in the 2003 girly comedy Uptown Girls, when Dakota was only 9 years old.
Another of Brittany’s co-star’s Kathy Najimy — who starred with her on King of the Hill — tweeted, “Worked w/& knew Brittany for 14 years (& played her mom once as well) sweetest most talented angel who got hooked up w/ wrong people. We love u brit. So sad this is truly a waste. Feeling regret we didn’t do more. I love you so much Brittany and always will.”
The Fox cartoon comedy was cancelled on Sept. 13 of this year, and Kathy played the voice Peggy, while Brittany played her daughter, LuAnne. As for Kathy’s concerns about Brittany being connected to “the wrong people,” reports of possible drug use are being kept at bay. Currently, an autopsy on Brittany is underway reports TMZ, while Radar Online says that the LAPD is continuing their investigation, and have not yet ruled out a drug overdose as a possible cause of death.
Earlier, other former co-stars of Brittany spoke out about the tragedy as well. Her Just Married co-star, and former boyfriend, Ashton Kutcher tweeted, “2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out to Brittany’s family, her husband, and her amazing mother Sharon … see you on the other side, kid.”
Alicia Silverstone, who starred alongside Brittany in her break-out role in Clueless released a statement saying, “I always felt connected to her as we shared a very special experience in our lives together. I feel love in my heart for her and hope she is at peace. This is truly sad.”
Denise Richards also went to Twitter to mourn: “Brittany Murphy was in Drop Dead Gorgeous with me and was the sweetest and most adorable.Tragic, sad & Devastating. Her poor family.”
- Simon Monjack — Distraught, Opposes Brittany Autopsy
- Ashton Kutcher, You Must Be Especially Heartbroken Over Losing Brittany Murphy
- Sadly, Brittany Murphy Was Looking Dangerously Thin Just A Few Weeks Ago
- Exclusive! Neighbor: Brittany Murphy Looked Yellow When Paramedics Arrived
- Brittany Murphy’s Husband, Simon Monjack, Had His Own Hospital Scare A Month Ago
- Brittany Murphy: A Look Back Through Photos. We At HollywoodLife.com Give Our Deepest Sympathies To Brittany’s Family.
- Brittany Murphy, You Managed To Accomplish So Much In Your Short Career! A Retrospective
- Brittany Murphy Dies At 32