Want to copy Rachel’s Sherlock Holmes, vintage-inspired style?
Rachel McAdams was sporting an absolutely gorgeous braided ‘do at the Dec. 14 London premiere for her latest, sure-to-be-hit flick, Sherlock Holmes. “We wanted to work with the Grecian influence from the dress while still incorporating a red carpet image without being too traditional,” says Thomas Dunkin who created Rachel’s fashion-forward look. Here’s how Thomas, a member of the Sebastian Professional Stylist Design Team sculpted Rachel’s hair!
Here’s how to get Rachel’s style!
- “I started by blow drying Rachel’s hair using a volumizing spray to get a very modern texture with a lot of volume in the hair,” Thomas says.
- “After blow drying each section I put it in a medium sized velcro roller throughout the whole head of hair. I allowed this to set while her make up was being applied.”
- “For her disheveled ponytail I hand stitched four hair extensions together. I used an assortment of very light blonde and dark blonde to achieve a more natural feel,” he explains.
- “After taking the rollers out I ran my hands through her hair whist spraying dry shampoo. This adds a great rustic color to the hair,” Thomas says.
- “I then back combed the hair and manipulated the front into shape while twisting the hair softly back into a unconventional chignon,” he says.
- “I attached the ponytail underneath the chignon and pinned hair randomly into the ponytail and chignon. It’s important that you leave random pieces of hair loose, it adds softness to the look. I used hairspray to keep the look in place on what was a typical London winter evening and it didn’t move!” Thomas says. – Marta Topran
For more Sherlock Holmes coverage:
Style at Sherlock Holmes, It’s Elementary!
Robert Downey Jr., Rachel McAdams & Jude Law Bring Sherlock Holmes Back to the Streets of London