BREAKING NEWS! Tiger Woods Admits He's A Cheater, Taking “Indefinite Break” from Golf!

Sat, December 12, 2009 1:30pm EDT by 19 Comments

Getty Images

Getty Images

Tiger Woods has finally admitted his “infidelity” and tells the world he’s going to take “an indefinite break” from playing golf to “repair the damage” he’s done.

Here’s the full statement, just posted on TigerWoods.com:

open_quotesI am deeply aware of the disappointment and hurt that my infidelity has caused to so many people, most of all my wife and children. I want to say again to everyone that I am profoundly sorry and that I ask forgiveness. It may not be possible to repair the damage I’ve done, but I want to do my best to try.

I would like to ask everyone, including my fans, the good people at my foundation, business partners, the PGA Tour, and my fellow competitors, for their understanding. What’s most important now is that my family has the time, privacy, and safe haven we will need for personal healing.

After much soul searching, I have decided to take an indefinite break from professional golf. I need to focus my attention on being a better husband, father, and person.

Again, I ask for privacy for my family and I am especially grateful for all those who have offered compassion and concern during this difficult period.close_quotes

[...] BREAKING NEWS — Tiger Woods Admits He’s A Cheater, Taking “Indefinite Break” from Golf! Click to read more [...]

leesa

Posted at 8:54 PM on December 20, 2009

just because you admit to your wrong doing doesnt make it all better and you a victim! youre a pig! you know rite from wrong and you cant undo whats been done! once a cheater always a cheater and a liar and a thief!!!!!!!!!!!! YOURE A PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cjque

Posted at 10:57 AM on December 15, 2009

The sports world recognizes the importance of children being raised with both of their natural parents. That’s why they like athletes that come from strong families. So I applaud them. When this promise to the children is broken by the athlete’s actions, the children become the victims, not the women who prostitute themselves in front of the entire world.

cjque

Posted at 7:34 PM on December 14, 2009

This is the product of fatherless children in action. This is what happens when we turn a blind eye. This is American 2009:

RPGolfer

Posted at 11:50 AM on December 14, 2009

Come On! It’s not like he cheated in golf… That would be the REAL tradgedy.

cjque

Posted at 11:50 AM on December 14, 2009

I applaud the more recent comments.

By nature, women dictate future generations. Men who think they do are just fools or dictators. Families (both natural parents tied together by their natural children) are the foundations of civilizations. Once this foundation is broken, so broken is civilization.

This country has lost the sense of family, mostly because of the media, the sexual revolution, the legal system or a variety of other reasons most anyone can come up with. But it doesn’t really matter who is to blame, as adults we need to take the responsibility of what happens to every child born or unborn. We shouldn’t be waiting on governments to take care of children. We shouldn’t be looking to athletics to teach children or to provide life’s guidance to them. As adults we should be fighting the media for any negative influence that could affect children of all races. There are just too many children born without a full set of natural parents to take care of them. It is the parents that need to be role models, not athletics.

Now that anti-abortion laws may become a reality, women need to be far more responsible for their actions. I am neither abortion nor anti-abortion, so don’t attack me on this issue. I am simply making a concerning statement which will affect female children who, by law, will be forced to bear children. Obama made the statement “children shouldn’t be having children”. As adults why are we waiting on government to do “the right thing” for our children?

Let me point out what a 3rd world nation child goes through, for those who don’t understand what that means…prostitution, slavery, hunger, starvation, death at a young age, parents or parent disposing of them for any number of reasons, sexual diseases passed on to them by their mothers, bombs strapped to them by their parents or some religious entity,…. basically, children used by adult men and women of all races, religion, politics, and governments for the purpose of advancing their objectives, …do we have that here? Hummmmm… you can find these situations in volumes in every city in this country, including New Orleans! This just shows you how blind people want to be or maybe they are controlled by fear much like the prewar German people. Children become less valued, life becomes cheap, and the cycle never gets broken!

So, what is this countries objective when it comes to children? Or, maybe as responsible adults, this country, the media, athletics, politicians, religions should not be involved with controlling children, especially in controlling how children should think sexually? The media is full of sexual control over children, why are we letting that happen? I can’t turn on my TV without some reality family having sex in front of the whole world. That’s what Lauen Lake is passionately pointing out, but no one is listening and no one cares because it’s all about the selfish “me”. I want my sex now! I don’t care with whom!

As for a compassionate athletic, I can only think of one athletic that has gone beyond helping children of all races and has done so from his heart and soul and that one athlete is Andrea Agassi. All others are advised by their publicity and marking advisors and tax advisors to try and do the same (basically for endorsements and to keeping as much money as they can by not paying out so much in taxes). But, I guess because Andrea is kinda white and doesn’t cheat on his wife, he doesn’t count in this discussion.

Just a quick note: None of my comments used Tiger Woods name, but based on the many comments posted, the influence of Tiger Woods over shadowed the point I made on children. Tiger Woods aside, it’s sad that in so many criminal cases the victims of crimes are the ones quickly forgotten, the criminals become the media hero’s or media stars and money is made by the media, by politicians, by religious leaders, in volumes at the expense of the victims. Are children also victims of this very same money making media frenzy?

frere11

Posted at 11:24 PM on December 13, 2009

Well, my take on the Tiger deal is this:

What lessons do we all take from this whether it be sponosors, fans or Fallen Sports Hero’s!!

CHARACTER over TALENT is the HEART of all matters!! Period!! Character is at the soul of what everyone cares about!!

Many may be condemning Tiger, but it’s not out of hate, It is out of sheer utter disappointment and a betrayal!!! They or We have put our Trust and belief that Tiger Woods was more than a sports hero!!!

He WAS a man of Integrity, Family, Values, and used His Talent God Gave Him to share with the World that went beyond Golf…He was becoming a renowned Philanthropist!!

He gave like no other sports Phenomenon!! The sponsors cannot live without the fans!!! Remember the Fans buy the Sponosors products and give more respect for those products as well…So, it is everyone’s right to some degree to expect something from Tiger in return for their faith and support in him, making those sponsors’ rich by purchasing their products!!!!

Forgiveness and compassion yes…but not without Repentence and true change…That’s the trade off..The world has been misled for 12 years!! That’s alot of money for a good hide out that we all payed into this..For I too am a great Tiger FAn, and couldn’t wait for Him To knock Nicklaus off the Golf Throne.

Now Nicklaus will remain on that throne regardless if Tiger beats his 18 majors simply because Nicklaus has kept his Character in tact, and beating Tiger before he hit his very first professional Golf Shot!!!

Frere

Tom Foolery

Posted at 10:17 PM on December 13, 2009

The times they are not a changing! Elvis did the same thing with women, didn’t create a racial issue but fooled around on Precilla and no one said a word, the press left it alone. JFK same thing many historical figures did the same thing. Tiger has made his bed and now he needs to sleep in it. Let him take a nice long nap and repair his life. The man is still the best golfer in the world. We can all respect him for his golf ability and perhaps one day forget that he is a common slut, like many others. I just hope Tiger can see the big picture and remember that ultimately he will be forgiven. My worry is that he may try to take his own life.

Reason

Posted at 6:02 PM on December 13, 2009

cjque-
I feel for you, I really do- and for all the other little girls who obviously haven’t been shown the beautiful black women role models who are out there. If these children, and in all my years working with and around children I’ve never heard such a thing, truly have such a low level of self-esteem, I can honestly tell you that the source is their environment. No child will ever think that they are ugly or inferior until and unless the people closest to them tell them that they are. Stop the negative and seriously half-baked propaganda and do something positive. More realistic and appalling are the babies I see every single day who are born addicted to their mother’s drug of choice, many afflicted with HIV and often full-blown Aids, who- if they survive infancy- struggle with learning and behavior disorders. The ones who aren’t dumped into foster care or given up for adoption live in substandard conditions and end up failing at school because of the absolute lack of familial interest and support. More than half of them end up continuing the cycle of abuse and neglect- pregnant or in prison by 14. Not because the government and idealistic people haven’t done their best to improve things, but because the people themselves don’t care and won’t try. Suicidal girls crying because they think they’re ugly? Stop comparing them and you’ll break that cycle.

dazzie

Posted at 10:52 PM on December 12, 2009

HOW UNFORTUNATE TIGER NOW FALLS INTO THE “PIG” COLUMN. WHAT A FONEY

cjque

Posted at 9:43 PM on December 12, 2009

I really don’t like Rush. It was the other parts of that of that story that shocked me and the comments posted. I don’t see how protecting children born or unborn considered racist, but people believe what they want to believe.

Here’s another link of interest:

Maybe you can make Lauren Lake a racist for complaining about all the sex on TV!

Seinfreud

Posted at 8:52 PM on December 12, 2009

cjque, one of the first people cited in that article you linked was Rush Limbaugh. I don’t believe Rush should start talking about racial issues in this country, seriously. Also, if you actually read the article, it’s people from political news magazines and papers positing their opinion on whether Tiger has transcended race or merely just marketed himself as such. I agree with Reason: perpetuating the myth that mixed-racial couples create an atmosphere of race and bigotry is encouraging said bigotry and hatred, not trying to understand or overcome it.

cjque

Posted at 8:08 PM on December 12, 2009

For those who accuse me of being very very racist, check this out:

cjque

Posted at 7:31 PM on December 12, 2009

For those who don’t understand what I stated….

There is nothing more gut wrenching then hearing a black female child wanting to kill herself because she doesn’t look pretty like those white girls. This particular child’s feelings were compounded by the fact that she was “dumped” by her white mother into the adoption agency.

All of your comments show how little concern you have for how children really feel, but instead what you want them feel or want to force them to feel.

It is again a sign of how selfish we really are.

Jahman

Posted at 5:11 PM on December 12, 2009

I have followed Tiger Wood’s as a fan every since he won the Masters in 1997. I started playing golf myself after I saw this skinny boy make history that spring day in April of 1997. Tiger only needs to do as he has already done, repent to his God, his wife, and children mainly. He has not committed a crime naturally but spiritually. He does not have to explain anything to anyone else about his affairs because it is now public knowledge. What else is there to say about? It is foolish to thing that he needs to explain anything to the public because it is none of the publics business. At the most only about 10% of the public, if that, have ever bought a ticket to a PGA event and all that money goes to the PGA of America, so the public have not put a dime into Tigers pocket other than buying the sponsors products. The Sponsors pay the purses and sponsorships have made Tiger Woods sports first billionaire Listen, President John F. Kennedy, William (Bill) Clinton, Martin Luther King Jr., and several Hall of fame Golfers like Walter Hagen all have fallen into the snare of infidelity but in history, they are remembered only for their Greatness and the good that they accomplished. Tiger Woods should take some time off to repent and repair his family if possible. In addition, I truly hope that he can keep his family in tack. However, historically Tiger Woods is going to be known as the Greatest Golfer that ever lived. Moreover, Tiger Woods is one of only a few athletes that opened a school for children. Tiger’s greatness will rise above his current pain problems you just wait and see.

Reason

Posted at 1:06 PM on December 12, 2009

Anyone crass enough to make the poor decisions and bad behavior of a man who defines himself racially using his entire genetic heritage: Asian, Indian, white and black, about race needs to review their motives. Tiger is a man who cheated. Period. White women don’t do psychological damage to black female children- bitter people who make race an issue do. Those black female children learn from YOU first. If you harbor resentment and have hate and bigotry festering in your soul it is YOU who hurt those children, fostering an environment of hate and bitterness. Disney is making a movie with a princess who has more skin pigmentation than most of their previous princess- it’s not the first time. Pocahontas was the first racially diverse Disney princess and a black woman was the model for her. (Vanessa Williams.) Further refuting your argument, Disney has the setting placed in New Orleans- a city that has celebrated it’s multi-ethnical and multicultural history for centuries. Put your anger and bigotry aside and look at the real truth: racism and hatred have to be taught. What are you teaching your children?

timsvulcan

Posted at 10:47 AM on December 12, 2009

Hmmm I believe it was Jesus who said. He who is without sin cast the first stone. Tiger is a sinner like all of us… ALL of us. He is doing the right thing. He needs the Father’s forgiveness and Our forgiveness. It is soooo wrong to tear him up on here. If we want this nation to thrive on the pricipals for which it was founded “In God We Trust” Then we must… MUST forgive as our father has forgiven us.
And cjque you are very very racial… A person is a person regardless of color. Get over yourself…

Tranthum

Posted at 1:40 AM on December 12, 2009

I think he should change his name to Tiger Woodie. The man’s a DOG and it’s not unusual for a celebrity of his status to stray. Ask Gene Simmons.

cjque

Posted at 12:34 AM on December 12, 2009

The psychological damage these white women do to black female children is unimaginable. It is so bad that Disney is trying to repair that damaged image in there latest production of the Princes and the Frog.

White women that think they’ve “found their black man” also product black female children from these relationships. The very children that they’ve deemed undesirable by their actions and by having this kind of relationship.

It’s just sick to have children that the world doesn’t want and discard them as trash into our orphanages. We’ve truly become a sick third world nation.

These sexual relationships are the sins of lust with total disregard for the children born and unborn and for future generations to come.