Whoever said redheads can’t wear red lipstick was crazy!
Just look how fabulous Nicole Kidman, Scarlett Johansson and Julianne Moore look! “Red lipstick brings out the creaminess of redheads’ skin and the richness in their coloring,” says celebrity makeup artist Rebecca Restrepo. Not only is it totally flattering, it’s also a perfect pout for parties this holiday season. For Rebecca’s tips on how to pick the best reds,
Pick the right hue:
- “You don’t want it to match the color of your hair. Your lipstick should be a touch richer and deeper than the hair like a brick red or a true red that has a little blue tint to it,” Rebecca says.
Use the right tools:
- “I love a lip brush because reds are so noticeable its not something you can do quickly. You want a beautiful, flawless line.”
Match your makeup:
- “Use a lot of mascara to balance out the bold lips.”
For red lip novices:
- “Sheer lip stains are always beautiful. So if someone wants to slowly ease themselves into it, they’re a good option.”
Avoid gloss at all costs!:
- “Stay away from shimmery, shiny reds. It should be classic, sexy and chic.”- Marta Topran