Wow, Julia, you look amazing!
Can you believe Julia Roberts is 42? The big screen star was looking totally flawless and beautiful in NYC at the LAByrinth Theater Company’s Gala Benefit on Dec. 7. “We wanted to go very natural, simple, and easy,” says Genevieve Herr, the makeup artist who created this stunning look. As Lancôme’s new global ambassador, Julia does the brand proud by looking so gorgeous in their products. Read below to get step-by-step instructions from Julia’s makeup artist!
Want to copy Julia’s look? Here’s how Genevieve achieved it!:
- “I use cream blushes, because they look more fresh and natural and blend well into the skin. I applied the Crème Couture shade with my middle finger right in the apple of the cheeks, then I blend around the edges, its a nice
pinky healthy shade,” Genevieve says.
- “I highlighted the cheekbones and the inner corners of the eyes, with the Model Mocha shade just to give her a glow and add sparkle to her eyes,” she says.
- “I powdered very slightly, mostly on the T-Zone with loose translucent powder. Cream blushes are always added before the powder.”
- “For her eyes, I lined only the top of the eyes with Le Crayon Khol in Black Coffee. I worked it in very close to the lashes almost in between them, then I smudged it with a Qtip,” Genevieve explains.
- “Then, I set it with an eyeshadow in Guest List which is a rich brown shimmer color that compliments her eyes color and is soft enough to look fresh and not too harsh,” she says.
- “To highlight and open her eyes, I applied a pinky beige shimmer eyeshadow in Gaze to the inner eye corners,” Genevieve says.
- “I followed with black mascara only the top. We wanted to look natural so the bottom of eyes were kept clean of any makeup.”
- “For her lips I used Juicy Tubes in Beach Plum. I wanted her lips to look very natural and almost stained with a little color so I pat it in with my finger. This lip gloss is excellent – they add just enough color and moisture to give the lips a natural glow,” Genevieve says.
- Marta Topran