Want to know how your favorite helicopter EMT stays gorgeous?
Aimee Garcia plays a butt-kicking helicopter pilot and Iraqi war vet as the star of NBC’s medical drama, Trauma but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t know a thing or two about staying pretty. “I get to sit in a $2 million helicopter and get my hands dirty with fake blood. It’s a very physical show and I get bruises the size of softballs,” Aimee says. Her quick fix? “I cover them up with Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage – just mix the two shades together and your purple bruise is gone!” Check out more of the Latina beauty’s secrets below!
Aimee’s Beauty Obsessions!
- Water: “I drink a TON of water – like a gallon a day! People underestimate how quickly your skin becomes dehydrated, especially when you’re traveling which I do a lot because we’re shooting in San Francisco and I live in LA.”
- SPF: “I put on the Murad Essential-C Day Moisture SPF 30 every single day even if its rainy, foggy or if I’m going to be inside. Sunscreen is a big thing for me especially since I have freckles on my cheeks.”
- Natural Makeup: “I love Sue Devitt’s Triple C-Weed Pressed Powder. It evens out my skin tone without looking like I have any makeup on. Its truly obnoxious if you can actually see the makeup, I think its much better for people to just think, “wow, that girl looks really great! She looks so fresh and beautiful!” That to me is the best type of makeup.”
- Brows: “I’m a big eyebrows girl. I like to keep things really natural and I think eyebrows really frame your face.” (Aimee gets her arches shaped by brow guru Anastasia Soare in LA.)
- Lip Balm: “I am obsessed with Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1. I never leave the house without it and I reapply more than I probably should. It’s a little bit of an oral fixation. But its just yumminess and goodness – I almost don’t want to kiss people because I don’t want to share!”
- Frizz Free Hair: “I have kind of frizzy hair because I am half Puerto Rican so I really like Jonathan products. When I use his conditioner I don’t have to put any sort of balm afterwards because it just smoothes away any unruly hairs.” – Marta Topran