Say goodbye to pregnant mom jeans — and say hello to hot mom-to-be clothing!
Designer Christian Siriano wants all you expecting moms to know that even with a growing tummy, your style can be fab instead of drab.
The Project Runway season 4 winner’s latest project (he already has his label, Christian V Siriano, a line of shoes and handbags for Payless Shoesource and even a fashion phone by LG) is Fierce Mamas for Moody Mamas, a maternity line that’s all about being chic and comfy. Heidi Klum, Ana Ortiz and Laila Ali are already fans!
“My goal was to make great clothes,” Christian tells HollywoodLife about his vision for the line. “Pieces that are trendy, fashionable but wearable. Also clothes that can be transformed after you have the baby — things that can be worn while your body changes.”
Clueless about what to wear during those nine months? You’re in luck — Christian shares his top dressing tips, plus what not to wear:
1. Take a chance with color. Dark colors are great but also have some fun with other ones. “That’s important,” he says. “And don’t be afraid of prints!”
2. Focus on the shape. “This can be everything from the simple empire waist to something more fitted in jersey that’s still wearable and easy.”
3. Dress it up! “Sometimes when you’re pregnant you lose the mentality [of having fun with clothes].” Go for the “flirty cocktail dress that can be worn at baby showers and parties.”
4. Experiment, experiment, experiment. “Sometimes you’ll find one dress that fits you and then you want ever color and every shape [that it comes in]. That’s fine, and I think it works for some women, but try on tons of other styles! There might be something you never thought of.”
5. Be sexy…but not too sexy. “I’ve seen moms in very short dresses…and overly tight t-shirts and see-through tops. I don’t like it when clothes are too tight and don’t fit. It’s all about the right length.”
Check out the Fierce Mamas collection here!