Adam, are you acting out because you were a 250 lb. teen?
Apparently there’s some insecurity hiding under Adam Lambert‘s makeup. “When I was in high school, I was 250 pounds,” Adam revealed today to Sirius OutQ’s Larry Flick. “I suffered from an ugly duckling complex early in my twenties, and definitely in my teens. … My personal life was non-existent and lonely.” And a psychologist tells PopEater that Adam’s hefty past may be the reason he’s so provocative today!
“It’s common for kids who were made fun of for their weight to act out in that way,” psychologist Cooper Lawrence says. “When you are developing your identity during those important years your self image and physical appearance are who you are. Until you develop a life, a resume and a sense of who you are inside and you are criticized for weight it can have a long lasting impact. The AMAs were the perfect ‘look at me now’ moment. He not only looks amazing but he is so comfortable with who he is and it shows.”
“I got a lot of my confidence from the validation I got as a performer,” Adam says. In his heavier high school days, Adam was a drama kid — and one of his most notable roles was Bottom (the misguided human who gets transformed into a donkey) in a production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
Hey, Adam — whatever you did to get that weight off was totally worth it. We think you look great! And maybe now you can be a source of inspiration for other “ugly ducklings” out there. That would certainly help repair your public image after that racy AMA performance!
Get More Adam Lambert:
- ABC To All Future Performers: Don’t Be Like Adam Lambert!
- Is Adam Lambert Coming to the CW? XOXO – Gossip Girl
- Go Ahead, Grab That Crotch, Adam Lambert — Your Fans Still Love You!
- “I’m Not A Baby-Sitter I’m A Performer” — Adam Lambert Spills About ‘GMA’ ‘Dis On CBS
- Hey Guys! It’s Adam Lambert’s “For Your Entertainment” Video! First Look!
- Out Mag Editor Slams ABC’s “Puritanical Reaction” To Adam Lambert’s Gay Performance
- EXCLUSIVE! PTC Calls Adam Lambert AMA Sex Romp “Tasteless” and “Vulgar”! Asks for Ad Boycott!