Adam, you changed television history! But is it for the best?
Hey, Adam Lambert — your racy performance at the Nov. 22 “American Music Awards” didn’t just get people buzzing — it actually got ABC to change its policies when it comes to live performances! Disney will now be forcing performers to sign contracts to ensure that they don’t change their routines between rehearsal and their live televised performance. No more surprises!
“We certainly don’t want to suppress artistry at any level,” says Anne Sweeney, co-chairwoman of Disney Media Networks and president of the Disney-ABC Television Group. ”But we also have to be very cognizant of who our audience is.”
Adam’s infamous performance — during which he simulated multiple sexual acts with his male and female backup dancers — got a lot of people pretty riled up, including the Parents Television Council. And the backlash continued, as ABC’s “Good Morning America” canceled one of Adam’s scheduled concerts. In response to the entire ordeal, Adam told CBS’ “Early Show”: “I’m not a babysitter!”
Get More Adam Lambert:
- ABC To All Future Performers: Don’t Be Like Adam Lambert!
- Is Adam Lambert Coming to the CW? XOXO – Gossip Girl
- Go Ahead, Grab That Crotch, Adam Lambert — Your Fans Still Love You!
- “I’m Not A Baby-Sitter I’m A Performer” — Adam Lambert Spills About ‘GMA’ ‘Dis On CBS
- Hey Guys! It’s Adam Lambert’s “For Your Entertainment” Video! First Look!
- Out Mag Editor Slams ABC’s “Puritanical Reaction” To Adam Lambert’s Gay Performance
- EXCLUSIVE! PTC Calls Adam Lambert AMA Sex Romp “Tasteless” and “Vulgar”! Asks for Ad Boycott!