But what’s true, and what’s not?
A lot of new information is being released, following Tiger Woods‘ car crash Friday morning. There’s the suspicious nature of the crash itself, alleged interference from Tiger’s wife, Elin Nordegren — plus the story of a supposed affair between Tiger and New York nightclub hostess Rachel Uchitel! We’ve sorted through all the reports so you don’t have to!
- Tiger pulled out of his driveway at 2:25 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 27. His 2009 Cadillac SUV hit a fire hydrant, then a tree, according to an incident report filed by the Florida highway patrol.
- Police Chief Daniel Saylor told CNN that Tiger was found “laying on the ground in front of the vehicle with his wife over him rendering first aid.”
- Elin told police she was inside their home when she heard the accident. She says she then grabbed a golf club to break the back window of the SUV and free her husband.
- Orange County fire and rescue took Tiger to Health Central Hospital. He was treated for lacerations on his upper and lower lip, then released.
- Florida state troopers attempted to speak with Tiger at his home on Friday, Nov. 27, but Elin told them he was sleeping, according to CNN. They will return to speak with him later today.
- The National Enquirer recently ran a story reporting that Tiger of has carried on an affair with 34-year-old New York nightclub hostess Rachel Uchitel since June!
- Rachel has been linked to other married celebrities, including “Bones” star David Boreanaz, according to Star Magazine.
- Tiger and Rachel both recently stayed at the ritzy Crown Towers hotel in Melbourne, Australia, according to the Enquirer story. Tiger was down under for a golf tournament. Rachel’s purpose for visiting is unclear.
- Rachel adamantly denied the affair when questioned by The National Enquirer. She says their “source” is someone who barely knows her.
- Their source alleged that Rachel and Tiger exchanged sexts (sexual text messages), like: “What are you wearing?” and “What do you want to do to me?” The source also claimed that Rachel stored Tiger in her cell phone as “Bear.”
- It has been speculated that Tiger’s car accident may have been a result of fighting between him and his wife over the alleged affair. TMZ reports that Elin may have actually scratched up Tiger’s face!
Get More on the Tiger Woods Scandal: