Want to know how Alicia Keys got her intricate do?
“Alicia has always been well known for her braids, so I decided to incorporate a creative twist that involved light, romantic braiding,” says hairstylist Tippi Shorter who created Alicia Keys’ gorgeous do for the American Music Awards. Here’s a step by step on how Tippi got her look.
- Spray your hair with a leave in conditioner to moisturize and protect her hair before heat styling.
- Blow dry with a flat brush.
- Section the hair into three parts from the front to the back.
- Gather the two outermost sections and secured them into a ponytail using a styling cream.
- Braid the center section from the nape of the neck all the way to the front of the head making it a little off center.
- Tuck the tail of the braid underneath the braid and secure it with bobby pins.
-Spray with hairspray.